Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / dissapearing models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all, I have been trying to get a skysphere working with my space simulator. I create a sphere, set object cull to 0, and then texture it. It looks decent, a little warped, but the main problem is that my ship models, created with DoGA CGA, seem to disappear, I can see a slight outline... it is a .x model. I also tried making the object size negative, but that gave me the same problem. Has anyone else had the same problem, or similar? Please help, any comment would be helpful. Thanks!
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2004 04:46
It could be a scaling problem or the 5.2 imploded quad poly bug (since fixed in later version of DBP.) Have you tried exporting the models as triangulated .X files?

Being something of a DoGA CGA guru and DBP programmer, if you want to zip up your working files (no need for the exec) and send them to me via e-mail, I'll see what I can do about fixing it.
--
TAZ

"Do you think it is wise to provoke him?" "It's what I do." -- Stargate SG-1
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2004 04:50 Edited at: 12th Aug 2004 04:50
I've had this problem. Basically what i found is that the models you make are inside out.
if you make a sphere in your modeling program, and chop it in half so you can see inside it, when you load it into db or dbpro, if you look inside the half sphere it will look invisible. Its very annoying. I made a very detailed model for my prog, and it became invisible! just try out some tests and make random objects to see which appear invisible.... and wich don't.
Hope it helped
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2004 07:16
DoGA is usually well behaved about its normals. So, that shouldn't be a problem unless you're doing something like negatively scaling the models. Depending on the scale, it is possible to be inside the model and only seeing some fragments since most of the faces would be pointed away from you.

It's hard to know exactly what is wrong without seeing some source code and the media used with it.
--
TAZ

"Do you think it is wise to provoke him?" "It's what I do." -- Stargate SG-1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:20:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:20:09