Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Nuclear Glory not working!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 15:06 Edited at: 11th Aug 2004 16:05
Hello. Ok, the title is a misnomer. I am not working lol! OK, just got bought the Nuclear Glory Collision program day before yesterday, and it looks like it will be very cool, but I have a few issues. Before I begin, I will say that I have loaded the .dll into the project and loaded the NGCollision.dba just like it said. And I use DBpro.

First, I get an error (from the debug, not a terminal error) when running that says: "object not defined in collision system: 1". Still trying to figure out the whole defining thing (for some reason, the whole making up numbers and TYPEs is confusing me, I think), but I thought I got it...

Second, my loaded objects are still really tiny! I substituted the "SetObjScalePro( player, 4000, 4000, 4000 )" command in place of my old "scale object 3, 4000, 4000, 4000", but it does not seem to scale them bigger.

Third, I decided to check the collision anyway, even with the tiny models. As you can see from the code, I am simply trying to set it so that my player and enemy on screen cannot move through each other or a pillar on the matrix. I am still trying to completely grasp the collision system (I have really only been looking at it for the last day).

Thanks for you help!

Here is the code:

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 15:25
You need to call CollisionTypePro( player, TYPE_PLAYER ) before
SetObjScalePro(player,4000,4000,4000) that should fix the scaling and the object not defined in collision system errors.

I hope that is your real email addy I just sent you an important email.

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 15:42
lol, thanks! And..hehe..yeah it is my real email (everyone should get an email addy at www.ihatemimes.com)! Thanks again!

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
Biocreep
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if this will help, but try moving your lines:

rem Begin Collision Detections

rem Define Player to enemy collision
SetCollisionsPro( TYPE_PLAYER, TYPE_ENEMY, ELLIP_2_ELLIP, RESP_SLIDE, DYN_NO_RESP )

rem Define Enemy to player collision
SetCollisionsPro( TYPE_ENEMY, TYPE_PLAYER, ELLIP_2_ELLIP, RESP_SLIDE, DYN_NO_RESP )

rem Define Player to World Objects
SetCollisionsPro( TYPE_PLAYER, TYPE_OBJ, ELLIP_2_ELLIP, RESP_SLIDE, DYN_NO_RESP )

rem Define Enemy to World Objects
SetCollisionsPro( TYPE_ENEMY, TYPE_OBJ, ELLIP_2_ELLIP, RESP_SLIDE, DYN_NO_RESP )

out of the loop(so it isn't possibley constantly being redefined) and place it up top somewhere at the end of your constants#

You probably can also remove the RunCollisionPro() command out of the loop, since in my testing it seems to be fine if you declare before loop only once.

The scale object command in Nuclear Glory seems to be working perfectly for me, so I am not sure if it is your camera positioning? Sorry, cant help you with that. Here is a sample outta my current project on object sizing

LOAD OBJECT "MODELS\LEVELBOX1.X",3
POSITION OBJECT LEVEL_1, 0,0,0
CollisionTypePro(Level_1,TYPE_WORLD_OBJ)
SetObjScalePro(Level_1,100,25,100)

and the level loads perfectly to size. I have similar code for the player character, but aditional positioning stuff..etc.

Nuclear Glory is the way to go as far as I can tell. Runs perfectly using demo 2.3 in my game. Collisions are perfect! Just ordered the full version myself today. Easier to understand than the DBPro Collision system. The built in gravity is nice too.

Hope this helps, if not post again and I'll try and help. I'm not that great of a programer....yet.
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 15:52
Thank you!

@Lost in Thought: Sent you an email back. Please read ASAP! Thanks!

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 15:59
I haven't recieved anything yet but as long as you got my message its cool. I have to sleep now.

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 16:04 Edited at: 11th Aug 2004 16:05
Hmmm, I don't quite get it. The collisions are still messin up. The objects just glide right on through the pillar. Well, I updated the code snippet in the first post. Any know what is still wrong here?

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 16:16
Change this

to this

Put your setcollisionsPRO, SetObjScalePro, and CollisionTypePro commands before your loop as they only need to be called once.

And you will need to call SetObjRadiusPRO( object, XSize#, YSize#, ZSize# ) on your player and enemy objects as you are testing them as ellips (only once) before using RunCollisionPro().

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 16:47 Edited at: 11th Aug 2004 16:51
And put RunCollisionPro() as the last line before your sync command
Something like this

I don't have media to test it. Hope this helps. Good night.

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 16:47
Hmmm, ok. Changed the definition of them to ELLIP_2_POLY, and set up ellipses around the monster and the player (tried declaring the SetObjRadius before the setting the collisions and after. it is currently set after), but they are still floating through each other.

I could not find any tutorials on the Nuclear Glory website as I had heard others mention a while back. I guess they were taken off or moved. Might have not been applicable on the newer version release. Thanks!

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 16:51 Edited at: 11th Aug 2004 16:52
See my edit. And there is an example code that comes with NGC.

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2004 16:54
My bad change

to

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2004 22:50
AHHHH! I still can't get it to work! I've been away for the past two days, so I haven't had a chance to work on it! Here is the code:
What am I still doing wrong?!?! Anybody have any ideas?

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2004 22:54
OK! I got it so that the player and enemy can't go through the world object, but they still go through each other! Here is updated code:
As you may have noticed, I moved the collision definitions up above where I set the collision types. Hmmm..still can't get the player and enemy though! Any help is appcreciated!

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2004 23:08
WOOO! Ok, I got it! I had to make the ellipse radius bigger on the player and enemy. I set it to about SetObjRadiusPRO( 8, 6, 8 ). Works great now! Thanks to all those that helped!

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2004 03:04
Glad you got it working.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:13:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:13:40