Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The Village

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2004 23:14 Edited at: 17th Aug 2004 23:16
I loved Unbreakable, the way Bruce Willis was portrayed as a 'super hero' that is so very Human was excellent and the twist was the icing on the cake, they couldn't have found a better way to reveal it either. Oh and the music score was just perfect, it really helped with setting the mood.

I know they were thinking of doing a sequel but I personally think it would be hopeless, this is more of a one-time movie.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
The Dark Padawan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2004 23:21
I see............................

Veiw the awesome Neon Tetra!
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 00:23
Agreed, Unbreakable was awesome but doing a sequel just wouldn't work. At all. In fact I dearly hope they never try.

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 11:58
Quote: "Wtf were they thinking, sending a blind chick into the forest where she's not familiar with anything!?"

If she wasn't BLIND she would have SEEN the modern world, thus ruining everything. As far as she was concerned they still lived in the 19th century. Sending a blind person meant there was more hope of this lifestyle continuing.

Plus, I just rented Unbreakable, it was awesome. A sequel would be bad, because then they'd have to make the villian evil and fight against Captain Bruce Willis, turning it into a real super hero movie. Which I don't think was what Shyamalan was going for. It was about 2 men finding their purpose in life and little more.

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 16:39
6th sense was dumb because it was boring, predictable, and i hate that little boy, he's annoying.

unbreakable was just...dumb Ok, "mr. glass" made sense, it had a reasonable explanation. As far as bruce's character goes as being invincible, just didn't work out. Ok, you got a 30 something year old man, who only recently found out he get benchpress all that weight? I think he would have figured it out long ago. That's just one thing that was overlooked. But the movie had its funny parts, like when Jackson yelled at the person for trying to by a comic for their kid. (i forget which comic, its been years since I saw it)

"eureka" - Archimedes
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 17:44
"I'm the only gay in the village"

DBP Fanboy is a Unregistered trademark of ReD_eYe uninteractive, no rights reserved.
http://redeye.dbspot.com/fanboy.html
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2004 02:22
ya, you'd freak out too, consider this, what if you had a mint condition never out of the box original collectors edition atari (or similar console) or something (and if it were actually worth something), would you give it to a kid to break the chords and muck it up?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:25:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:25:12