Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Do I got a project here?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2002 16:44
I came up with an idea about 2 weeks ago. Until now the idea was rather dizzy. But now I got it all clear. I thought that I wanted to make a deathmatch style of multiplayer game. I wanted it to be like JK2 duels. But my version should be fantasy and not some sort of Star Wars rip of. I sat down and thought for a while and came up with this results:

3 map types:
Dead mans Moore
Atarian Desert
Dragon Glacier

The map shall just be landscapes no houses or something like that.

Then I figured out the weapons:

3 weapons

Bastard sword
Auromatic rapid fire Crossbow
Flame ball (magic)

The flame ball shall be a particle ball of fire that you can only fire when a magic meter is fully loaded.

The most inportant in the game shall be the gravity engine it shall look almost like the Tomb Rider jump and JK2.

And yesterday I came up with a story:

"Long has the world been out of a leader. Long has the world been in chaos. But to the day of anouther dawn the gods send out thousends of hundreds power swords. The power swords looks like just like an ordinary sword. ome swords landed in the misty tops of the mountains and some landed in the shalow water of swamps. But only when all of the sword was found y a human. The fight could begin. When all swords were found. the power wake up in all of them. The barer of a sword like this could run faster, jump higher, hit stronger. All owners of a sword like this were allso given a special talant. the talant of breeding flame balls in there fists. Now it was time for the destiny.The worldneeded a new king, a leader.Only the one who can defeat all with a sword could be the master. Everybody who owned a sword like this were drawn out in the desert, out in the steps, out in snow.Tofigt in a grace full tornament..."

[img]
http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx/path=/Drakportalen/fullsize/Concept-art.jpg[/img]

Heres some concept art and some early screenshot from some code I made this morning.
So what do you think do Igot a project worth working on?
www.drakportalen.dot.nu
Drakportalen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2002 16:45
Screen shot didn't work.

[img]http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx/path=/Drakportalen/fullsize/Concept-art.jpg[/img

http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx/path=/Drakportalen/fullsize/Concept-art.jpg

www.drakportalen.dot.nu
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2002 23:00
I like it!
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2002 06:17
of course names like "flame ball" and "power sword" and "dragon glacier" are just strings of buzzwords...they will have to go from the start
n3t3r453r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2002 13:47
Good work. I work in same manner several months ago.
Drakportalen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 12:48
Thnxs for the support.
Yheah I been think out of names and this is what I came up with:

The power swords name are Valaon Makili. That is elvish and means like "the sword of powers".
The fire ball magic real name is: Nàr. Thats allso elvish for the word fire.
For the geografical places I must do a world map and think about all possible places and names.

I wrote some code for a in-game menu yesterday.
Heres an early screenshot:

The menu is made with 3D boxes and not with sprites this is really good I think becuse now I can have like a stage in the background were a show is preformed by some models. It could be a battle or what ever, Iamsure it will akea good effect.

www.drakportalen.dot.nu

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:54:13
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:54:13