Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Special Effects for my RPG

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2004 02:12
As you might probably know that I'm making a remake of zelda but it's called zelda - red sky and I need help on this attack called magic slash, where he spins around and blue beams come out to make the sword stronger.

Justin

[img]www.freewebs.com/southernfuturegames/contactme.htm/face.gif[/img] www.thechroniclesofriddick.com
Dgamer
Years of Service
User Offline
First, to avoid legal issues, call your game something other than zelda. I believe its copyrighted.

Second, its hard to help you unless you be more specific(We dont know which part of the "attack" you need help. It could be Animation, maths, etc...) and give some code of what you have already done/tried to do.

This sig has been dullified!
someone namedlink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2004 04:10
I know what you mean! In the games you must first get an upgrade from a fairy to use this attack, then you must push a button for a while till the sword lights up. When it lights up you'll have to release the button and then Link will spin with the sword. If you mean how do you do the blue magic effects you can try to work with particles or just use sprites that changes in color from f.e. from dark blue to light blue to white and then delete them. The sprite itself stays on the position where it was made so you'll get that special effect you want. (I think that you can change the color of a particle so you can try them, but if you have DBC you can use the sprites.

DIV/DBP-coder

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 20:27:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 20:27:32