Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3D Megaman

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Help! Help! Need help making a 3D megaman game, I need to know how to move him, make enemy collision, health bar, etc, can anyone help plz?

run, megaman, run!
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Did you make the model?
There are some topics in Code Snippets about collision and gravity.
Moving him is easy.
Health bar could be easy.
Enimy collision is easy and will be fast if you use box collision.
Enimy AI would probably be hard unless you want the enimy to run twards megaman and attack him.
You could use Newton Physics for physics.

-Ilya
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2004 08:21
What do you know how to do? If you can be more specific we can help Try out some tutorials on this site and then check out the codebase for code that may help you!

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer
Lightning Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I'm making the model of megaman, hope you know AND thank you for telling me about the source code, Ilaya! and also sir spaghetti code! I'll check that out! The game is called 'megaman and the platoon of evil gremlins' The professor has been kidnapped and you have to get him back from the master gremlin.

The master gremlin wants to turn him into a professor gremlin, you have to stop him by going through levels of evil gremlins and robotic ones too! Trying to stop the master gremlin from turning him into a gremlin professor to help them build a society of evil gremlins to take over the world - I guess it's up to megeman to stop them!

run, megaman, run!
Emperor Baal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2004 20:08
I suggest you start in 2D.. 3D is much harder in this case.

Check my tutorial site, it has a sprite tutorial (more coming) and a math collision tutorial (if you still want to do it in 3D)

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2004 08:40
You know what would be cool? A game staring Protoman. Everybody kinda' forgot about him

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
Emperor Baal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2004 09:22
Well, when I finished my retro game (megaman redemption, see my site) I will release the source code. You only have to gather the media and change the level+enemy code.
The reason why I didn't hardcode sizes and other things, is that I might re-code all other megaman games as well. (starting from mm1 -> mmX4)
Oh well.

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2004 15:52
Wow! That would be quite an under taking as there are about ~40 MM games (I'm not exagerating. It was a trivia question in a game mag this month)!!!

Lightning Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool! Thanks, Emperor Baal! I'll check it out, oh and by the way sir spaghetti code? Who's protoman?

run, megaman, run!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 21:23:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 21:23:04