Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Motherboard Help!!!! Urgent!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2004 10:00
Hey folks!
My current chipset dosnt work correct so I thought to make an upgrade of my PC and get a new mobo+processor+RAM.

Now.....I'm currently located in Argentina and havent been able to find a UK or US online pc shop that ships here. Well so I contacted a vendor here and he sent me a list of the motherboards that he got, which probably arnt the best.
Anyway since I have no idea about motherboards I was hoping maybe some of you guys does and could take a look at the list he sent me to see if there is something decent I can get or if you know any online PC shop that ships over here.

I want a Intel P4 compatible mobo

Lis can be found HERE

Please help me out, my PC is barly working atm so every suggestion is very helpful to me.
Thanks for now.

Composer and Sound Engineer
Skill Sample
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
will u be needing onboard graffix?

i0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2004 23:38
nope....neither onboard sound.

why?? did you find something good for me???? i sure hope so since my pc crashes randomly all the time.......very annoying

Skill Sample
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2004 23:44 Edited at: 15th Aug 2004 23:48
well the problem is i cant see the make of the boards on that list, just numbers, the best intel mobo for single intel p4's is Abit IC7 MAX3 (£125) im not sure what that is in argentine currency, but it seems about the average price for a good motherboard here in the UK.

edit: also note, if you want ram, wait a few days, as 667mhz (PC5300) RAM has just been made available. (£125 for 512mb)

i0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 03:11
yeh i know they didnt write the making but i think most of them are asus. anyway i've asked for a new list and i'm pretty furious since my pc crash to bluescreen all the time and i have no choice than to get a new mobo bundle.
but cheers for at least looking at the list and trying to help me m8.
i've also been looking at several uk shops that sells mobo bundles but none i found ships to argentina, so maybe someone knows any?? or in us, though i dont know what they call a mobo bundle in the states. i reckon it's combo or something like that.

anyway when or if i get the new(hopefully more detailed) list i'll post it and if any 1 of you could give me an advice i would be very greatful.

Thanks for now.

Skill Sample
i0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 03:13
ohhh and 1 more thing, in the current list there is a server mobo "Pentium 4 Server Board 875P Chipset Dual-Channel DDR/ECC Sound SATA 800MHz"....now if they wouldnt have anything decent would that work?? or does it have something negative?

Skill Sample
MR AI
Years of Service
User Offline
hi
my mate is coming round soon he's a IT tec he builds and fix's
4 grand server's and i work in the same sort of line.
me and him will take a look for u but in the mean time tell us wot
u got in your current pc eg: hard drive :sata or ide :how many cd drives and anything else that drags power: power supply in (watts) as u might need more power.I think I red that you are going for a P4 so make sure your power supply has P4 support.
MR AI
Years of Service
User Offline
also tell me wots up with your current pc we might be able to solve
it for u
i0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 04:58
Well thanks a load MR AI.

The problem i'm having now with my pc is that it's sometimes whilst gaming or using graphic progs it shuts down to bluescreen and starts dumping physical memory, it says something about win2k.sys(or similar) in the error report and also blames all kinds of hardware and programs i got. read this post as well since my problem is almost exactly like that http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32026
i also got a m8 that works with hardware and he diagnosed my pc "chipset illness"
Got the latest VIA drivers installed and everything.

ok my pc specs:
Mobo: not sure since i didnt build my pc only says: KT333-8233
Processor: AMD Atlhon XP 1800+
RAM: 768MB DDR
Graphic: RADEON 960XT BRAVO 128MB
2 cd drives, 1 cd, 1 DVD
1 portioned harddrive, C: 5,35GB D: 71,2GB
Sound: SB Audigy 2 platinum
PSU: APOLLO VT-300BA-PT ATX 12V+P-PFC, total output 300W, P4 and Athlon suported.

Well thats should do it i hope.
I dunno nothing about hardwares so if theres something additional u need to know just tell me.

Cheers a load m8

Skill Sample
i0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2004 05:21
did u forget about me MR AI?? well hope not since i'm kinda desperate

Skill Sample
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
could you ask this company that provided the list if they have the motherboard that i mentioned?

i0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2004 06:20
well i asked them for a more specified list but havent gotten any yet, but i'll send em a mail asking obut that mobo.

cheers again froogle

Skill Sample
i0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2004 06:28
u know what you could do froogle?? if you could add more mobos that are good for p4 i could ask for all the mobos u recommend at the same time.

Thanks

Skill Sample
i0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2004 09:00
ok new, bigger and better list available HERE

Skill Sample

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:41:16