Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Quantum Mechanics: Many-Worlds Theory

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2004 13:20
I was reading Popular Science and I saw an article on particle entanglement. I knew it had something to do with quantum mechanics so I looked up quantum mechanics on the internet. I found this site and I liked this article on a theory called the many worlds theory so I decided to post it here and see who else liked it.

http://www.meta-religion.com/Physics/Many_worlds/many-worlds_interpretation.htm

This knowledge will help me rule the world! (I just don't know how it will help me...BUT IT WILL!)

"Watson you idiot! Someone stole our tent!"
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2004 13:57
No one who really studies quatum physics actually believes that, as most theories in quantum physics and mechanics are at least testable, whereas this is not. One of my good friends is a quantum mechanics major, and I have talked to him about it and he called it "Hippy theory which no one actually believes". lol

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
It's a very old idea, and I don't beleive it. I'm surprised that you haven't heard of it before.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2004 00:49
The interesting thing is, as science stands now, it'll always remain a plausible possibility, though an incredibly unlikely one. We'll never really know.

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2004 01:13
M theory and the 11 Dimensions...

DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - 65 FREE Functions * Click Logo
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2004 13:25
Science looks at something as malarky until it can be proven or at least have a shread of evidence, so I don't think that it is actually a plausible theory. If that where true, then science would have to consider all of these as plausible:

1. There is a seperate demension where we each have an evil twin.

2. When you go through a black hole and are crushed, you actually are transported instantly to a Bi-Lo in space in a very nice looking floral section.

3. There are more than 200 demensions that exist only to try to annoy me. All of them have been unsuccessful to date.

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer
Philip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2004 21:27
In Hong Kong there is a furniture store called "God". This frequently causes confusion to newcomers to the city who, when asking where to buy furniture, are told: "have you tried God?" Said newcomer then assumes they are talking to a religious fanatic and never speak to that person again.

This has nothing to do this with thread whatsoever. But I thought I'd share.

Philip

What do you mean, bears aren't supposed to wear hats and a tie? P3.2ghz / 1 gig / GeForce FX 5900 128meg / WinXP home
Northern Lights
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2004 01:26
right...

"Watson you idiot! Someone stole our tent!"
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2004 10:38
There's a company called Guaranteed Overnight Delivery ...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 10:33:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 10:33:01