Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Im a BIG LOSER!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2004 12:59 Edited at: 17th Aug 2004 23:03
Hello everyone my name is Clayton Roy. For the first 15 years of my life i was obese dur to going through depression and many other factors while i was very young. Either way i was 6'3 325 lbs but now I am proud to say i beat it, i have currently lost 120 lbs and weigh only 205 lbs. I also have a ody fat % of somewhere between 13% and 15% (thats a good % for those who dont know) below i have posted some pictures (my before and after from 325-210 and my current picture after starting a little bulking (weight 205 lbs)

Id also like to warn people its unwise to take a shot at my farmers tan... i will hunt you down for it

~*~ Life Is Temporary, Gaming Is Eternal ~*~
JeBuS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2004 13:12
Err, congrats... I guess. I don't see any pics, but good job... right?
DarkSin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2004 13:38
... Im sure ive seen a comercial like this.... to be exact... several... *And I hit mute and leave the room each time to surf for something to eat (I love high metabolism)*

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2004 13:40
dude , anyone who beats obesity and loses that much weight is hardly a loser. congratulations, my brother suffers from weight and it affects his confidence. hes 135kgs and is 6'2",well done

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2004 13:43
Quote: "The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://www.geocities.com/eternitygames2001/b4nafter.bmp"

i wonder why?O_o .. congrats anyway

Plastico
Years of Service
User Offline
good job dude, ive never been depressed in my life....well, when the yankees win, I feel depressed..i guess.
Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2004 14:42
I'm fat, doesn't affect my confidence, but of course I bike about 4 hours a day, walk alot, and fight. But, I'm STILL fat, runs in the family, dad's fat too.

It's amazing how much TV has raised us. (Bart Simpson)
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm fat, doesn't affect my confidence, but of course I bike about 4 hours a day, walk alot, and fight. But, I'm STILL fat, runs in the family, dad's fat too."

I'm skinny because all I do is use the computer(I eat about every 6 hours(or more)).

-Ilya
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2004 20:45
Congrats on the weight loss. Which reminds me, I'm starting to get myself a gut too...high metabolism is only good for so long

Quote: " dude , anyone who beats obesity and loses that much weight is hardly a loser."

Indi...dude...I think he meant that as a pun. I think he meant that he's a big loser as in he's lost a lot of weight!

Cheers,
Preston

Fear My Ugly Avatar and Out of Place Signature Image!
Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
i am thirteen and weigh 7.7 stone. is that good?

Nemesis_0_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2004 22:59 Edited at: 17th Aug 2004 23:02
I dont know what 7.7 stone is hehe sry... and yes i did mean it as a pun haha I FIXED THE PICS VICTORY IS MINE!

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2004 23:14
That's a consierable improvement . Makes me wish I wasn't quite so bloody skinny...

Nemesis_0_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 02:22

That was the day i started lifting weights, my triceps werent too big then hehehehe oh well

Zero Blitzt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 03:00
Maybe he means he's a big loser because he lost so much weight?

[center]
Come to #coding. We promise we wont kick you!
DISCLAIMER: Promises may not actually be upheld.
Guhill The friendly one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 07:40
Well, now you're in the position where you can PICK UP SOME LADIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!! Unless you've already done that, then you're one step ahead of my advice.

@Manticore: Maybe it's not how much you exercise, maybe it's your diet, what are you eating day in and day out. You know what's a good diet that my mom went on, South Beach, you'll lose weight so fast. And once you do, PICK UP SOME LADIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!

Robots rule, can't wait to build one.
Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 08:24
I hate people who try and get me to do all this crap, where do you live?

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 08:54
The crap is what most people are eating, not eating healthy .

Eating healthy isn't really 'dieting' either... follow the basic rule that if man made it, don't eat it, and don't overload yourself with sugar no matter how good it is, and you'll be fine. My whole family has chocolate cakes for peoples' birthdays, cookies and brownies as regular treats, bread, pasta and meat regularly, etc etc etc, but because it's organic food it doesn't harm our bodies .

Except I'm still too darn skinny .

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 08:55
Guhill why wont you go away?!?

"Could you do something where you don't need a video card cause i don't have one" - Program Expert
Cheater Cheater, Pumpkin FATTIE!!!
Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 09:07
Quote: "The crap is what most people are eating, not eating healthy "
Well, I hate chocolate, and sugar, so I'm not one of those people.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 10:07 Edited at: 18th Aug 2004 10:08
I wasn't talking about chocolate and sugar, I was talking about white bread, ultrapasturized dairy, processed meat, synthetic food and addictive flavoring compounds that are in virtually everything you don't find in a health food store (and more than half of what you will) these days .

Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 10:48
Quote: "white bread, ultrapasturized dairy, processed meat, synthetic food and addictive flavoring"
Don't eat white bread. What's an ultrapastythinged dairy, Don't eat much processed meat or synthetic food.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 10:52
Good for you !

Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 11:00
I know, I don't eat synthetic sh!t either, I get my sh!t imported. So that it's nice and steamy and fresh. My monkies eat it to. Here boy... eeeeeee.... eat up boy... FLOP(monkey dies)... boy, ... boy?

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2004 12:03
Hmm, I may be wrong but that guy in the 325 lbs picture looks like a fat version of the guy in the 210 lbs picture. What the CRAP are you trying to pull??!!

Anyhow, congrats

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
Nemesis_0_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2004 01:34
@Guhill The friendly one

Already got me a girl but thanx for the tip

@Jimmy

ummm thats the point the guy in the 325 lb pic IS the guy in the 210 pic except fat... THATS ME!!!

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2004 06:39
heaven forbid you drink pasteurized milk, i mean, heating up and cooling down milk really fast a few times really adds on the pounds, and don't forget, keeps nasty harmful bacteria away!

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2004 06:44
Yup, drink nice organic milk instead, which is full of healthy fat, and nice organic vegetables which are fat because of all the slugs etc that you consume along with them (well, not really, but I need something to rave about )

AMD Athlon XP2800+
GeForce FX5200 128MB
1024MB DDR 333MHz RAM
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2004 06:47
vegetables i can see buying organic... possibly even shying completely away from inorganic foods altogether. But not drinking pasteurized milk simply because it's pasteurized is completely silly. Do you not know what pasteurized milk is??

HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Nemesis, your after pic looks like a hell of a lot less than 210.

Ausukusa :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
eat much pie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2004 08:08
I only drink the old-fashioned, home-grown, homogenised, pasturised, and standardised milk that you get straight out of the cow's udder

[href]Checkpoint Router[/href]: My AI Routing Program
Sam Wright
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2004 08:20
Quote: "heaven forbid you drink pasteurized milk, i mean, heating up and cooling down milk really fast a few times really adds on the pounds, and don't forget, keeps nasty harmful bacteria away!"

Lightning heating and cooling milk kills just about all of the nutrients. It's a fact. Look on any site that has information about it. The fact most people don't know is that it's not just 'harmful germs' that are being killed.

Quote: "Yup, drink nice organic milk instead, which is full of healthy fat, and nice organic vegetables which are fat because of all the slugs etc that you consume along with them (well, not really, but I need something to rave about )"

Quote: "But not drinking pasteurized milk simply because it's pasteurized is completely silly. Do you not know what pasteurized milk is??"

Since you don't seem to I'll quote http://home.howstuffworks.com/question147.htm:

Quote: "Pasteurization is a compromise. If you boil a food, you can kill all bacteria and make the food sterile, but you often significantly affect the taste and nutritional value of the food. When you pasteurize a food (almost always a liquid), what you are doing is heating it to a high enough temperature to kill certain (but not all) bacteria and to disable certain enzymes, and in return you are minimizing the effects on taste as much as you can. Milk can be pasteurized by heating to 145 degrees F (62.8 degrees C) for half an hour or 163 degrees F (72.8 degrees C) for 15 seconds."

Now that you've got the basic facts you might be interested in the negative effects of pasteurized milk over raw milk...

http://www.realmilk.com/abstractsmilk.html

You're welcome .

Nemesis_0_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2004 11:00
Quote: "Nemesis, your after pic looks like a hell of a lot less than 210.
"

Well thank you the trick is im 6'3 and have a very large bone structure... i also bench 300 lbs

... Milk BAH! Havent u heard about the insuline growth hormones in it? it gives u cancer man i dont drink milk at all... well soy milk sometimes... other than that i take calcium supplements and other stuff... i HATE milk im also lactose intolerent so its all irellivent

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 00:05
i stand corrected

i don't drink milk anyway

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 00:31
No matter, it's all good

Quote: "it gives u cancer man i dont drink milk at all... well soy milk sometimes..."

That's because soy is very, very, very bad. One of those health food fads nobody should buy into. Uurgh. Tastes like crap too doesn't it

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 00:35
lmao...

he said he was lactose intolerant... which is why he's drinking soy^_^ But really we drink that lactose free milk, it tastes just fine, but really I only drink milk with cereal, so I don't know how good it is to drink straight.

My baby drinks soy formula, only because a lactose free baby milk doesn't exist afaik.. He had problems on the regular milk.

Nemesis_0_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 01:12
Soy milk is actually quite nice... its an aquired taste like voldka

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 01:17 Edited at: 21st Aug 2004 01:21
Quote: " lmao...

he said he was lactose intolerant... which is why he's drinking soy^_^ But really we drink that lactose free milk, it tastes just fine, but really I only drink milk with cereal, so I don't know how good it is to drink straight.

My baby drinks soy formula, only because a lactose free baby milk doesn't exist afaik.. He had problems on the regular milk."

I know, but he also commented on soy milk causing cancer, which was what I was talking about.

Soy is very, very dangerous. You might want to read http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/. I'm not trying to bombard you with 'alternative health' lifestyles, but I do wish the very best for your kid. It's your business of course, just letting you know.

Quote: " Soy milk is actually quite nice... its an aquired taste like voldka
"

Yikes vodka ... if that stuff tastes like it smells, no thanks !

Edit-- to quote the specific section of one of the articles:

Quote: "The most serious concerns regarding soy foods involve the use of soy infant formula.

Sardi cites a 1998 Nutrition Reviews article by K. O. Klein of duPont Hospital for Children as proof that soy infant formulas do no harm.

Yet in the article Klein notes that effects of isoflavones on various animal species include hormonal changes, increased uterine weight and infertility. " It is clear from the literature," says Klein, "that different species and different tissues are affected by isoflavones in markedly different ways.

It is difficult to know which tissue, if any, are affected in infants, and the variation among species makes extrapolation to infants inappropriate." This is scientific double talk.

Scientists may be reluctant to extrapolate but parents would certainly err on the side of caution if they knew that "isoflavones affect different tissues in markedly different ways." Klein says that medical literature provides "no evidence of endocrine effects. . and no changes in timing of puberty."

But she makes no mention of the Puerto Rican study which found that consumption of soy formula correlated strongly with early maturation in girls."

There's more of course, there always is with things people feel strongly on with this, there are way too many articles for me to even skim through on that page. You just might want to have a look.

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 01:25
mmmm vodka and Mountain Dew^_^ Teh best!

as for the soy..yikes! Luckily we're weaning him off the bottle and onto regular foods. Including Cow Milk.. so he won't have to drink any more soy after the next month or so. As long as he doesn't get sick off the milk that is..

Otherwise we will probably just give him the standard lactose free milk.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 01:40
I'm very impressed . I know hardly anything about babies despite dearly loving them TBH, but it sounds like he's getting a lot of caring.

Btw, do you mean Vodka and Mountain Dew... mixed together? Now I'm getting scared !

I'll stick with my coffee, thanks

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 01:41
yes mouse..i do It's the closest you can get to a Schmirnoff Ice, unless you used lemonade

But why buy schmirnoff when its 1$ bottle or more, when you can buy a giant bottle of vodka and a can of lemonade/2 liter of mountain dew^_^

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 01:49

Personally,

=

and perhaps

=

but

=

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 02:51
Nemesis_0_: Are those 20pounds or 30?

(I cant do anything over 20 )

Nemesis_0_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 03:15
Those are 20's but now i have enough weights to stack up 35 lbs for each arm i bought a dumbell/barbell set so i dont hafta use cast irons nemore, even tho they are nice some times i use my 20's before i start doing the rly heavy stuff kinda as a warm up.

Oh i never said SOY milk causes cancer, its REGULAR milk that has the growth hormones, thats why when babies finish breast feeding the mom doesnt make more milk, they DONT need it, but because we drink cows milk we still get it... it is very very very dangerous.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 03:28
35 lbs

That would probably rip both my arms out.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 03:33
Quote: "thats why when babies finish breast feeding the mom doesnt make more milk, they DONT need it, but because we drink cows milk we still get it."

Just to clarify, are you saying babies don't need mother's milk? Because that's, well... a load of crap TBQH . No offense.

The government recently made an official statement that mother's milk was far better than formula. Originally they were going to state that formula was very bad, which is true, it's basically the first junk food kids get, but multi-billion $ industries sort of changed that. Mother's milk is designed (by an omnipitent being or millions of year of natural selection, take your pick) to have everything children need in their early stages of growth, and that's exactly how it is. Here's a rather good page:

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/baby/babybreastfeed/8910.html

bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 04:18 Edited at: 21st Aug 2004 04:18
yes, mothers milk is the best, but I don't believe you're right mouse. On every can of formula we have, it says that 'mother's milk is best, so unless you've been told by a doctor'...

Nemesis_0_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 13:07 Edited at: 21st Aug 2004 13:10
Quote: "Quote: "thats why when babies finish breast feeding the mom doesnt make more milk, they DONT need it, but because we drink cows milk we still get it."

Just to clarify, are you saying babies don't need mother's milk? Because that's, well... a load of crap TBQH . No offense.

The government recently made an official statement that mother's milk was far better than formula. Originally they were going to state that formula was very bad, which is true, it's basically the first junk food kids get, but multi-billion $ industries sort of changed that. Mother's milk is designed (by an omnipitent being or millions of year of natural selection, take your pick) to have everything children need in their early stages of growth, and that's exactly how it is. Here's a rather good page:
"

Obviously you cannot read... i said when they FINISH breast feeding as in they are too old to breast feed... WHY HAVE U HIJACKED MY TOPIC ANYWAYS?!?! YEASH GET YOU OWN TOPIC... no offence

Quote: "35 lbs

That would probably rip both my arms out. "

Lol i thought it was gonna rip mine, but its how to get huge gains in a shorter amount of time... preacheer curls with a preacher curl bar are nice with that amount of weight too

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 12:21:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 12:21:14