Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / I am so unlucky, and stupid!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2004 22:17
first of all, I was so eager to get Thief 3, and I told myself: get it before you get DBP; my first bad move.

couse when I had waited 1 month after it was released in the rest of the world instead of Norway, I figured out that it does not work with a Nvidia Geforce 4MX 420 graphics chipseT!!!

That Was AFTER I had bought a new MP3 Player and CDRW Burner!

so Now I Cant Buy Thief 3 And I dont have ANY money to buy DBP and I figured out just some minutes ago that my creditcard cannot be used to order stuff on the internett!!!! AAAAAA!!!!

Thief 3 : Deadly Shadows, The BEST game in the WORLD!
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2004 23:48
eh..so use your credit card to buy a money order

Mr Underhill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2004 23:52
Hope you've still got your receipts!

"You don't need a reason to help people."-Zidane (FFIX)
Jade Phoenix Software is on the way! Get ready for the rebirth of gaming!
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2004 00:57
Quote: "I figured out that it does not work with a Nvidia Geforce 4MX 420 graphics chipseT!!!"

It should work with that chipset. Are you sure you have the latest DirectX version and video drivers?

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2004 01:20
Get yourself a paypal account if you can - you don't even need a credit card, you can arrange it all through direct debit. It gives you quite a lot of control over what gets spent on what.

And your mad buying a CDRW - I'm eagerly awaiting my DVDRW, which cost me a princely sum of £40!!!

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2004 01:29
Actually RobK, Thief 3 requires pixel shader technology, and the GeForce 4 MX line, unlike the entire GeForce 3 line, does not support it. I remember this quite clearly as when Morrowind was released there were a ton of pissed customers asking why the pixel shaded water didn't work with their '1337 g3f0rc3 ph0r'.

Pricey
Years of Service
User Offline
I borrowed it of my friend and was extremely peeved when it wouldn't work on my PC. Why can't I just disable the bloody pixel shading

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2004 03:08
Because it's used throughout the entire game for the bloom effects and shadows. It'd be like playing a ~2000 game without texture mapping, turning them off.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2004 17:10
I dont need a DVDRW, my mp3 player can only play CD-+R CD-+RW (and normal cds) so what is the point? of course I could have bought a combo CDRW-DVDRW but it would be like 24x CDR and 4x DVDR...

oh man! I really want that new ATI Radeon X800 XT!!!
but the price is at... 4500kr ($450) here in norway...

! Maybe me mum can buy DBP for me..

Thief 3 : Deadly Shadows, The BEST game in the WORLD!
(and I cant buy it since I have a Geforce4MX 420 and NO MONEY!!!)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 12:43:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 12:43:38