Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / A soon to be DarkBASIC user?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2004 14:54
Hi

I have seen DBpro on Amazon.com. The list price is 79.99, but, If I place my order before 8/28/2004, there is a $25.00 rebate. This make the price only $54.99. So should I go for it, or, should I purchase the standard edition and save some more money?

Thanks
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2004 17:24
Definitly go for DBP. DBP is more powerful and constantly being updated.

If you buy the classic version, you'll also miss out on user made .dll's which are user made expansions. By the time you upgrade the expansion pack so you can use .dll's and other features in the enhanced pack(memblocks), you'll have spent more money than what you would've for just buying DBP.

Just search the Dark Basic Pro section of the board for the terrain pack. See the beautiful terrains? Well, you can't have those in classic, only in Pro.

Your best bet is to buy DBP.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
DarkSin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2004 17:32
DBP all the way. DBC is no longer updated and now The Game Creators are really getting work done on patches, so DBP will just get better.

Digi tronic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2004 14:14
Thank You All for the advice. I have decided to purchase the Pro version. I look forward to programming with DB.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2004 16:50
Excellent, and you won't regret it either. Feel free to take a look at my tutorials from my sig to get started, or ask nicely at the forums and we'll gladly help.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:35:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:35:05