Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Stock Market Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello I use both DB, DB PRO I wanted to try and make a stock simulator game I know that in the DB instruction book they have a tutorial but I can never get it to work. Does any one have any example code or another tutorial that works or can anyone help with how to start something like this. Laimens Terms preffered b/c I'm a newbie.
Uriel The Ignoble
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2004 18:52
i cant believe no-body has responded to this.. sorry that noone answered you, that is annoying..

id suggest you start out by looking at then pre-made projects.. they will confuse the crud out of you, but just stare at them for a while.. next try out some simple things like text like this:

do
if upkey()=1 then set cursor 100,100:print "upkey"
if downkey()=1 then set cursor 150,150:print "downkey"
sync
loop

basically code is just a bunch of if blah happens, then blah happens
after you get more used to how the simple if-then statements work, then go to the index and just read what each command does. you will slowly start to understand it. If you want tutorials, then i believe there are some links on DB's main page somewhere..
anywayz, good luck

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:16:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:16:24