Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / any users of adobe premier

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have just finished editing a 50 min film on adobe premier and saved it as a microsoft dv-avi file which i was about to put on dvd when i discovered that it was 11.5GB i dont know how a video file can take so much memory as a normal dvd file only takes 700mb any help would be appriciated.

YOUR A BIT RUBBISH ARENT YOU?
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2004 13:43
Quote: "i have just finished editing a 50 min film on adobe premier "

premiere*

its quite an expensive package you must be rich, what version?

Quote: "
and saved it as a microsoft dv-avi file which i was about to put on dvd when i discovered that it was 11.5GB"

when u save a video file thats raw and uncompressed it will be very large. the dvds from the rental store are dual layer discs and will hold around 9 gigs. the dvd format is a compressed format usually mpeg 2

Quote: "
i dont know how a video file can take so much memory as a normal dvd file only takes 700mb any help would be appriciated."

i think you mean a vcd for 700 mb and thats usually a heavily compressed dvd file to fit into 700megs.

try two programs dvd shrink and dvd decryptor.

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself
No budget games
Years of Service
User Offline
no im not rich lol my friends dad works for the bbc so he has the software.

walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2004 14:39
try using the MPEG-II exporter built into Premiere, that will save to the native DVD format, including stripping the audio and video into seperate tracks. if you video is only 50 minutes, a high-quality MPEG-II should fit on a DVD no problem. unless you really mean a CDR, in which case I would suggest using DIVX or another MPEG-4 compression system.

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
HZence
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, a team with the name "No Budget Games" that has Premier...

Ausukusa :: Programmer/Storyboard Assistant
No budget games
Years of Service
User Offline
wel we never paid for it so there no budget

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 12:34:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 12:34:43