Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / My website! Coming soon!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2004 06:27 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2004 07:52
Hi guys

I'm working on my own company called SkullFreaks where there'll be 3D models available, some code slso some of my own games, like Silent Battle: Training Force, Ultimate PingPong champion, Flintstones: the game and many more, from 2D to 3D, there'll be a forum with chat programs and many more!
what's more is that it has a gallery, links and downloadable programs

the site is www.skullfreaks.000k2.com
right now its working but on development, it has nothing but intro message

right now it'sa subdomain and I'll change it some time in the future,

I gave my self a deadline on 20days to complete,

hope you enjoy the site and visit sometime after 9th September which is the release day!

General_X!

think once play twice sleep third
General X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2004 06:35
sorry the site is now working, had mistakes on the link here it is

http://www.skullfreaks.000k2.com/

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2004 06:49 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2004 06:56
This forum is for games that are work in progress, not websites. Most of the people on this forum agree that you must have at least screen shots of a game to post. And please don't think I am trying to be a **** about this, but have you actually payed for a trademark and payed the fees to start a business?

I'm not trying to bust your **** over the TM and Co. thing. It's just that, when people come along and say that they have a "trademarked" "company", when all they mean is that they made up a name for their group, and then put a "TM" next to it, all it does it de-value those faculties for people who are legitamalty using them. If I paid around $1,000 for a TM, I would not be very happy with people who simply write a "TM" after their work.

If you have paid the money and waited the time to get a trademark, and have paid for and filed for a business liscense, then I am sorry, but you have to understand that about 95% of the people on these forums who mention a "business" and "trademarks" are only BSing!

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer
General X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2004 07:52
it would be better if I posted this in other section, hay I agree too, I don't like to see WIP thread without screenshot but as its WIP I though why not do it on the WIP

also TM hmmm, you know, its not real its not valid and its my own

ok I take it away and the **** did you ment that the F word or...

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2004 14:00
i wouldnt implement your own popups, they annoy people, leave the messages and content on the page

also learn another package because Microsoft FrontPage 5.0 can write some nasty code in parts for html and webdev.

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself
General X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2004 04:35
the pop up is there only till the site is released, after that there'll be no pop ups at skullfreaks!

I h8 pop ups my self, some even manage to escape the pop up filters

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2004 12:46
Hmmm, just cuz you asked, the first **** begins with a D, and the second begins with a B. I know they are not the most offensive of words, but we do have some of the younger crowd coming in here, and I am a responsible adult (*snicker*snicker).

I was just trying to get across that I was not just trying to call you out on it just to call you out. I was just saying it to protect the people who do pay for them, and to protect our reputation on this forum.

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer
Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2004 12:07
Quote: "... have you actually payed for a trademark and payed the fees to start a business?

.....If I paid around $1,000 for a TM, I would not be very happy with people who simply write a "TM" after their work.

......95% of the people on these forums who mention a "business" and "trademarks" are only BSing!
"

Interesting topic - I recently did a bit of research into trademarks before setting up my website, to make sure that a)I'm not infringing anyone else and b)nobody else infringes me. So, not wishing to be argumentative at all, but these are two useful facts that I found:

1. You don't have to pay to register a trademark in order to own it. The same goes for all intellectual property, whether it's a trade name, a scientific paper or a piece of music. So long as you haven't signed your rights away to another party, you own the copyright because you created it, and you are protected under commomlaw against infringement.

2. The reason people pay to have their trademarks / copyrights / patents registered is not so they have legal rights to it - they have that already. It is so that if the rights are infringed, it is much easier for them to prove they owned it first.

Most of the people on these forums don't have the need to register their trade marks. When they start making big sums of money from their ventures, and they feel that their trademark is an important part of their profitability, then they would probably want to get it registered. By the way, the TM symbol simply means that it is your trademark. The R symbol signifies that it is a registered trademark. Anyone can use the former so long as it belongs to them. You can only use the latter if it is registered.

General X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 09:42
so if I say something like SkullFreaks(tm) is okay but if I say SkullFreaks(r) isn't

Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 13:49
That's what I understand from what I have read - so long as nobody else already uses that name. Probably a good idea to do a check for yourself just to make sure I'm right, though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:11:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:11:11