Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Animation speed too high, dont know where I need to slow it down.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2004 22:38
Read through the forums for help on this but they are just confusing me. I am using 3dsmax6 I have a scene with 20 frames with an auto frame at 1,10 and 20. I export the .x using the panda x exporter but dont know how I slow down the animation. Do I set a lower sampling rate in 3dsmax6 or in the panda x exporter, or in dbpro using sync rate or something. Ive tried setting the sync rate to 50 and it slows it down but even at sync rate 10 its still really fast. I tried set object speed. Set it to 20 didnt make a difference. Please help, Im trying to work out how each aspect of creating a game works before I begin making games. Thankyou

*For every problem you come across you gain something from correcting it, I hope.
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2004 00:40
you could always use the cunningly named command "set object speed", this controls the speed of your animation, 1 is slowest and 100 is fast according to the manual.

Mentor.

PC1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, Nvidia FX5900 gfx, 6 way surround sound, PC2: AMD 2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster.
Mr Monkey Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2004 00:49
Tried that again, didnt work but now Ive noticed I had the loop object inside the do loop i moved it outside of the loop and it now works like I want it to. Im now stuck with another problem. Say I had all the animation sequences in one .x file. I press the upkey to move forward and play say keys 1 to 20 for walking, then for instance I press the space key whilst the computer is still playing keys 1 to 20 to make it jump, how do I make it so that the computer doesnt stop playing the walking animation for instance whilst the foot is still in the air then straight away do the jump animation. In short how do you smooth the animation between to different states without having to wait till the end of the animation of the current state to activate the next state you want. Please help.
Thanks for your help

Daniel.

*For every problem you come across you gain something from correcting it, I hope.
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2004 07:26
see the help for "set object interpolation", try a value of 20 for a start, it smooths out the "join" between animation framess, so you stop the animation at the current frame and then set it to the first frame of the jump sequence, with enough interpolation it should just smoothly switch from one to another, thats the theory anyway.

Mentor.

PC1: P4 hyperthreading 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, Nvidia FX5900 gfx, 6 way surround sound, PC2: AMD 2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra gfx, stereo 16 bit soundblaster.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:25:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:25:01