Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / speeding up the game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2004 06:10
is there any other ways to speed up the game than using the sync commands? because the don't make a difference in my game! putting sync rate to 0 or to something else gives the same results!

DIV/DBP-coder
Indian Homie G
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2004 06:43
Um, are you trying to speed up the frames per second? Also, look at the Darkbasic forum and theres a stickied post made by Jessticular that has ton of stuff to speed up ur game.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2004 16:35
Dont sync rate 0, that will let your screen refresh as many times as it possibly can. Bad idea. Try Sync rate 60. Can you tell us some information on what your tryign to do? How many polies are in the model your trying to load. Are you using landscapes? What kind? Matrices? How many? How many objects are loaded? Do you have a LoD or Perspective system implemented?

gimme da infoooo

Check out our Team Request in the Team Request section if you want to help!
someone namedlink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2004 19:04
I'm making a 2D trading card game. each player has a deck of 60 cards so that makes 120 sprites, another sprite for the mouse and one for a bigger card to shown. When you draw a card, I made a loop so the card goes from the deck to his place. When I do this, the card is moving really slow and it 'jumps' I like it to be real smooth. but it won't work. Here is the code:

When I repeat the loop for more times like 20, the card will be updated more, so it should be smooth, but then it goes really slow althought the sync rate is 60! so normally when the rate is 60 and I'm using 20 cycles to move the card, the card should be in its place in 1/3 from a sec! well, it doesn't???? I experimented with all the stuf and it goes the best with repeating the loop 4 times!

DIV/DBP-coder
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2004 21:41
Use the SET SPRITE command to disable the backsave option - that will give you a massive speed-up.

You may need to clear the display after every SYNC and redraw, depending on how you have coded this.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:27:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:27:44