Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 2 Transparency problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2004 07:01 Edited at: 25th Aug 2004 07:06
Hallo, a couple problems... Coding with DBpro, models made in Gamespace...

1) Alpha mapping
This one is for my Snake-comp-entry, so if it's against rules to ask for help, please ignore this question

Some of my objects are semi-transparent, so i've been using the 'set alpha mapping on objectnumber, 35' thing. Works perfectly UNLESS there is a certain kind of block behind it. The two types of block:

So the only difference is the texture thing, i'm confused about why that would make any kind of difference The second blocktype disapear if a alpha mapped block is between it and the camera...
http://www.photodump.com/direct/tifu/water03.jpg < that is blocktype2 filling the arena...
http://www.photodump.com/direct/tifu/water02.jpg < that is the exact same place, but an alpha mapped plane is above the blocks now... as you can see only the blocktype2's have become invisible, you can still see the blocktype1's that are around the edge of the arena

2) set object transparency
This one is for my main project of the moment

This is a city made in Gamespace. Code that loads it:

So the problem in this one, is that there the character is looking through, is a fence. The bits of the texture that are black, are working fine, they're transparent and you can see through fine... but the bits that make up the fence (which are red, because I was testing something... it did the same when it was grey like metal) appear to act like x-ray specs. You can see that lil girl through that building o_O Those fence bits should be solid and you sure as hey shouldn't be able to look through them like that

Any help appreciated

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:23:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:23:59