Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Kirby Sucking In type effect thingy kaboodle.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm having problems (well, duh, otherwise I wouldn't post here) with creating a vacuum type effect. I have a Kirby in my game, and if they hold a button, I want to have it so that little dust particles appear in front of him at random times and places and deteriorate into him. I can make ONE little sphere (not particle) move into him and shrink.

Problem is, I don't know how I can create more than one in random places at random times. I also have the problem of creating it in front of the character. The best thing I can do is get the model's direction and choose to position it according to his direction. He moves 8 directions. Iy. It'd take too long and too much code.
Yoshiman1
Years of Service
User Offline
Just in case no one gets what I'm talking about, I want a vacuum type effect.
OldTifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 03:28
I whipped up something... not sure how well it would fit into your code, but nyeh, here it is if it is of any help
I didn't incorporate the shrinking of the spheres, but you said you can do that anyway, so you can modify the code if you need that in. Would look better ^^

Written in DBpro... you never said what you used
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 17:22
It might be easier to fake it with a 'vaccum' model always in front of kirby, and whenever he is sucking in air, ghost the object and scroll a wind texture over it

Check out our Team Request in the Team Request section if you want to help!
OldTifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 18:35
Oh sure, if you wanna do it the easy way
Yoshiman1
Years of Service
User Offline
Tifu, I use DBC, but I modified it so that it works in DBC. Unfortunetly, the

"make object sphere c+2,10"

doesn't work. I don't know why, it keeps saying that the object already exists. O.o It should be creating a new number for each object.
Yoshiman1
Years of Service
User Offline
Bah, NM, I put the do in the wrong place.

It seems to work fine. Thanks alot! But what's with the text?
Yoshiman1
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for triple posting, but thanks for the code, Tifu! It works GREAT!
OldTifu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 05:56
the text? What the numbers and stuff? It's just testing stuff... when I make code I put stuff like that in to make sure things are working as they should be... it's just showing the stats on a particle co-ords, and the main characters co-ords are always useful to have on screen durring beta tests I find

Glad to be of help ^__^
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 05:58
Try out the ExGen demo. It makes GREAT particle effects! As far as the code, I'm stumped!

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 14:15
Texture Maker does what exgen does (better) and lots more At least what I have been told

Check out our Team Request in the Team Request section if you want to help!
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 14:45
I don't see how Texture Maker can do anything of what ExGen does. ExGen makes particle effects, while Texture Maker makes textures. Hmmm, maybe I am confused!

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:32:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:32:54