Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / any "mentors" you want to say thanks to

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 14:52
Quote: " Eric T(Brother!)"

LOL... if your gonna do that, use my LS name.

(there is no actual relations just so you know... my actual brother is in the Navy).

WOW, 4 mentions though... to me, mr useless.

Specs: AMD 64bit 3200+, Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro motherboard, ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb, 120GB Maxtor 7200RPM, 17 inch flat screen, and 1.5 MBIT

AKA: Liquidz_Snake on IRC
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 15:04
Quote: "And I will be thanking Rich once he gets me header prize to me"

Oh, and I see there's no thanks to me for rigging the results for that compo? Well fine, I see how it is! Next time you can expect last place... although... technically you came in last place in that compo as well, oh well, you get what I mean.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 15:15
Thats gratitude for ya. Next time make me win (if I enter) I'll thank you. But don't tell anyone.

The Lynx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 15:46
Quote: "Oh, and I see there's no thanks to me for rigging the results for that compo?"

I see there's no thanks to me for thinking it up?..

Oh no! Chrissy had used her powers to turn herself into a hideous man-eating giant!
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 16:31
...For thinking what up?

The Lynx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 17:26
That result page you did

Oh no! Chrissy had used her powers to turn herself into a hideous man-eating giant!
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 17:45
Nooo, you just came up with the idea for the 'preview' image, where you could view the banners as they would look on the forum. I then decided to turn that into a PHP script to do it automatically, and then the whole 'Submit to the one page' idea was mine, then Jessticular had the idea to show each images file size and extension and then finally Rich asked me to add a voting/results script.

So in essence, your 'idea' was just one insignificant, little, minor, detail in the big scheme of things... oh, and I did credit you for it at the time. So bleh.

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 18:36
Quote: "Oh, and I see there's no thanks to me for rigging the results for that compo? Well fine, I see how it is! Next time you can expect last place... although... technically you came in last place in that compo as well, oh well, you get what I mean."

Hehe... no I came last in the shortlist. That was only a few of the images. So I came 49th out of about 250

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 19:12
Well you be assured that won't happen again.

The Lynx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 05:49
Quote: "Nooo, you just came up with the idea for the 'preview' image, where you could view the banners as they would look on the forum. I then decided to turn that into a PHP script to do it automatically, and then the whole 'Submit to the one page' idea was mine, then Jessticular had the idea to show each images file size and extension and then finally Rich asked me to add a voting/results script.

So in essence, your 'idea' was just one insignificant, little, minor, detail in the big scheme of things... oh, and I did credit you for it at the time. So bleh. "

Lies! Thief! I still credited you as a mentor though

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 09:36
Quote: "empty, First and foremost, you have given me endless help with assembler and all sorts of other important things i needed and for that you will always have my respect, you are truly a great programmer! thank you for all you have done...oh and those links you gave me to start me off over a year ago..."

Thank you

Quote: "with something you will all see here in a week or 2...its my special project...i"

Looking forward to that.

Play Nice! Play Basic! Out now.

nFinity Emulator. Coming soon.
Jess T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 14:30
Thanks guys

Quote: "JessTicular(for your very handy speed tips)"

Heh, glad that they're still in use

I put alot of effort into that, and it's nice to know that people appreciate it

Jess.

Team EOD :: Programmer/Logical Engineer/All-Round Nice Guy
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 15:14
Quote: "Lies! Thief! I still credited you as a mentor though "

Well I can't credit you as a mentor if I'm already your mentor, someone can't be a mentor of their own mentor. So you should've thought about that before crediting me.

Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 15:33
I'd have to say, greecee3(for making the cool tunes, man). But I guess I don't have any mentors on this forum except probably Dgamer(the kangaroo guy) for showing me how to use the really weird DB collision commands. Well I'd like to thank computers for kids(progamming school for teaching me VB). Hey, I'm not on anybody's list! I talk about total nonsense, that's something. I, um, post about my games, and ..er... oh, a good one, I critque games(good and bad) on the WIP thing alot. Oh, I'd like to thank all the french speaking part of TGC community(about 3 people) for helping this forum to be more multiculted. And everyone who starts those religeous threads, everyone needs a flame war once in a while, FLAMES HO! *gos to find a religeos thread*

It's amazing how much TV has raised us. (Bart Simpson)
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 21:22
Manticore I will put you on my list if you reduce the width of your sig, which is causing the forum to scroll even at 1024x768

DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 - 65 FREE Functions * Click Logo
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 23:43
... Nobody has thanked me yet...

oh well... I'd like to thank the various people who help out those in newcomers corner such as Mentor, JessTicular, Iam8, Rob K, indi, RPGamer, and many others...

I would also like to thank Zircher for helping me in the Alienware Compitition...

The computer isn't an addiction, its more of a mental and social dependancy.
The Big Babou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2004 00:05
Oh no, i just found this thread, otherwise i would have thanked Exeat earlier. Thank you Exeat for putting up this nice banner compo site and for complying with all my requests

... they call it a royale with cheese ...
Sparda
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2004 03:51
Nuclear Glory
Lost in Thought

Lost in Thought should be a mod!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 12:30:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 12:30:45