Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Crocodile Clips

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 06:17
I'm doing my Electronics coursework at the minute and I'm desiging my final circuit. At school we use a program called Crocodile Clips to do the design work, and as it's the only program I'm familiar with I d/l the demo version the other day to get my work done on it. But guess what! The demo version won't allow you to save any of your work which is a) a pain because I have to redraw the circuit and b) and even bigger pain because I can't import it into PCB Wizard and get a PCB layout.

I'm crawling google at the moment to find a replacement I can copy and paste my layout into but all I've turned up with so far is other programs with the same restriction or people raving about how good Croc Clips is.

Does anyone have a good replacment in mind!? Please, to help a desperate, stressed teenager get though his coursework...

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 20:11
Speak to your tutor - he should be able to get you a student copy, although you may have to pay for it, it certainly would'nt be as expensive as buying it outright.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 20:24
ha i had that program at school, used to play around seeing how many fuses i could make explode, and then setting up the sirens and timing it with friends to maek them all go off and piss off our info tech teacher. good ole croc clips, but yeah what school is this? secondary or tertiary? cause usually secondary wouldnt make you do anythign that would require you to buy some online program lest they supply it to you. tertiary maybe dif but.

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 22:36
Oh yeah I could get a free copy if I were at school, but unfortunatly I'm not (summer holidays). I never thought that the demo version wouldn't support the save function so I didn't bother to get the full version from school, espically as I knew that I'd be getting a new computer anyway.

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 12:39:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 12:39:40