Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Firefly style game.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 17:16 Edited at: 26th Aug 2004 18:27
G'day all, just me poppin up with another fumbling game design, startin to throw together some ideas on a firefly style game, you know firefly, the scifi western show, yeah wel im goin for a part space flyer part ground mission game, maybe third person will work. btu yeah not much space combat, more so just flying thru space to get to diff places or escape the alliance ships, from what ive seen of the episodes (about half the series) i havent seen anyone shooting from a ship. which is actually kinda cool. anyways i will hunt down some space flying code and chuck together some graphics and get a basic system up and running soon to give you all some screen shots, but for now, anyone wanna take part or got any ideas suggestions anything, just bundle em forward.

[edit] by geezers talk about kickin the coit, cant find a db pro code snip anywhere to give me a 3rd person flyer, i remember that dbc had one built in as an example, but now that i got no more dbc and only trial version dbpro i got no examples :/ anyone got a 3d flyer example that i could just pop in my own object and textures to fly around space?

LightHawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Let me just add the FIREFLY ROCKS!!!
oh...and during fighting don't use to much lasers
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2004 22:47
lol are there even lasers in the show? i reckon its mad that they use the old western style guns, not to mention teh starship trooper outfits yeah im nto planing on havign lasers in this game. (still lookin for the basic 3rd person flight code)

Izzy545
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's the example from the DBC, except I edited it so that it uses a textured skyphere as opposed to a wireframe one. Just replace "Space1.jpg" to whatever you want.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2004 16:58
hi again, sorry i havent replied guys my internet decided not to connect for about 5 days till the technicians came out to fix the telephone pole. anyway i will grab that bit of code and try it izzy, thanks dude. Here's hopin my trial hasnt expired

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:33:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:33:47