Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] Average Age?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all

I have dabbled in DB a few years ago and have recently downloaded the DBPro trial and find it very interesting.

I am just wondering what the average age of the ppl using DBPro is? I myself am 38 years old and have been learning and programming in VC++ for about six months and have also tried my hand at some VB programming, but that was with version 4.0

I think DBPro has a lot to offer newcomers and hope that I can find others in my age range who are relatively new to programming, either in DBPro or VC++.

Thanks everyone
Ric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 08:39
I suspect your post may be deleted before long, as the subject of age is frowned upon by the forum administrators (for safety of children on the internet type reasons). But I don't think you are alone your age and experience level.

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 09:12
Yeah, I am 22, but this post will be deleted as this is not the right forum for this. This belongs in the Off-Topic forum. I can understand that the name "Newcomer" misled you, but this is only for DB newbie ?s

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer
Capt Canada
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry all. I guess I should have read the forum rules huh?!

I feel bad, now everyone knows how old I am

Thanks
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 12:27
I'm old enough to keep my vodka down, that's all that matters really.

But personally, I first touched c++ around 16yr I think, and Pascal at about 15yr. Before all of it, QB at 13. Java was somewhere around 19 or 20yrs old I think. Cobol? Heck, I'm not that old.

"eureka" - Archimedes
Indian Homie G
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 13:31
Okay. I'm...uhh...well... YOUNG. a LOT younger than you. And darkbASIC really isnt that hard for me. Just takes a little while to get used to.

AMD Athlon XP 3000+, S3 Deltachrome s8, 512 PC3200 RAM, 160 GB HD
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2004 14:13
Mostly age is targeted towards the younger kids around here, dont want them going posting their age as anyone can hide behind the internet.

Its not as much as a big deal when adults post their age, but Im just going to block this thread so none of the kids get any ideas

Im thinking most people here are from the 14-21 zone, but there are plenty who are in their mid-late 20's, and 30's and some I think 40's+

Check out our Team Request in the Team Request section if you want to help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:25:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:25:02