Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / simplest code for animating multiple images of a sprite on a single bitmap

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
HI,

I'm using windows paint program and have different images of a sprite drawn on one bitmap. The images are in a row across the top.
How can I load and then cycle the different images to make it look animated and idle when character is idle? Also, what if I have a second row of images under the top row for another character that has a longer animation sequence, would having two rows make a difference? I'm using DBC and my game is all 2d.
Thanks,
Cupsauce

0010110atcgactg
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2004 07:30
if you use the Pro sprite animation system then you would find it easier to have the idle anims on one image and the run anims (or whatever) on another, then just use the create animated sprite and play animated sprite commands to play the animations to two seperate sprites, keep one of them off the screen and then swap em over when you want to go from idle to anim and vice versa.

Mentor.

PC1: P4 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, Radeon 9800pro w cooler (3rd gfx card), 6 way speakers.
PC2: AMD 2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra, 16 bit SB.
Mini ATX cases suck.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:20:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:20:45