Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Gosub battle sequence...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2004 09:15
I was trying to write a little practice program in DB. I wanted to make a world that my little knight could walk around in, then, randomly, the matrix will change and go to a battle, RPG style. Then, after the battle, I wanted it to go back to the main world with the player and all the object in the same places.

Now I know that RPGs are one of the most advanced games to dev, but I am not planning to take this to completion. I am simply programming it for something to work on and learn.

Any ideas on how this could be done would be very appreciated! I am not asking for someone to write the code for me, but rather if someone can give me an idea on how to design it, or any commands that I may not know that could help out! Thanks again!

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer
TravisP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2004 10:28
wouldnt it be somthing like this...

Good thing everyone here is a figment of my imagination.

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2004 10:49
OK, that's basically what I was thinking, but the layout you used works a bit better. I was thinking about making the initial world redraw in the main game loop after teh return, but I think your way will work batter. Thanks!

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:22:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:22:37