Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problem with make object box

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2004 14:18
When I make and position a box in my game, the box does not show the top face. The odd thing about this is that the box on the right shows perfectly and it has almost the same code! The box is not intersecting with the camera in any way.

Here is the code of the section with the problem. The object before is called oldnum, and we want to read data from that object to span the distance between the wall and the side.

Here is the code for the full game. WARNING: Many media references!

"Computers in the future may weigh no more then
1.5 tons. - Popular Mechanics, 1949
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2004 02:30
I'd add some print or text statements and a perhaps a wait key command to see what the values of the various variables are. My guess is that you have a box with zero width or an out of range/sight coordinate.
--
TAZ

"Do you think it is wise to provoke him?" "It's what I do." -- Stargate SG-1
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2004 22:59
From the screenshot it looks like you've inverted the faces so they all point inwards, if this is the case then you're looking at the back of the face and so it appears invisible. The solution is to use "Set Object Cull ObjNumber, 0" so you can see both sides of the face. Again, I'm not entirely sure that's what you've done (or are trying to do) but it sure looks like that's what happened.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Philip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2004 04:33
Or alternatively load the object up in a modelling programme like 3D Canvas and see what it looks like. If its inverted then most modelling programmes have an invert tool that'll make it the right way around again.

Philip

What do you mean, bears aren't supposed to wear hats and a tie? P3.2ghz / 1 gig / GeForce FX 5900 128meg / WinXP home

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 23:23:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 23:23:45