Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Mozilla - I can't get it to work!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 02:34
Hi.

All day today my mouse pointer has been hesitant, moving and stopping then carrying on again. Initially I thought it was the batteries so I changed them but it continued to happen.
I then noticed that it only happened when the pointer was over an Internet Explorer window ... very odd!

Anyway, I chose to see it as an omen and move on from the bloated thief that is Microsoft and change my browser.
I had heard many good things about Mozilla, so I downloaded and installed it but everytime I tried to access a website it failed with the error message: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact website name". I get the same error message regardless of which site I choose.

Maybe, I thought, it was a problem with the download. No worries ... PCFormat gave a copy away on this months magazine, so, I installed that (after unistalling the previous instance - obviously) but I get axactly the same results.

It would seem that I am destined to use IE (with it's new found mouse faults) wether I like it or not, unless of course, some friendly members of this forum know why I can't get Mozilla working and would be willing to share the info with me.

Thanks

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you mean the downloader or the browser?

Got anime?I do.
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 05:13
You don't have a firewall running?

shrink those dbpro exes
Create patches for your dbpro games
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 06:19
you have configured it with your user name and password?, I tried it but some sites are seriously anti mozilla (those made with MS software actualy...odd that ) so I went back to explorer, no big deal if I do get hacked anyway, theres nothing on the machine thats confidential or capable of being used for identity theft.

Mentor.

PC1: P4 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, Radeon 9800pro w cooler (3rd gfx card), 6 way speakers.
PC2: AMD 2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra, 16 bit SB.
Mini ATX cases suck.
zao420
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 13:24
i would use mozilla firefox over just mozilla. it's not as bloated. also that sounds like your firewall is blocking your connecttion. there is some issues with some sites out there, and different for other people. like this site i can't read the code box's cause there all blurry but yea if you use a windows only bitmap font wierd things are bound to happen.

http://cavesoft.no-ip.com
WIP Version of my site. Usally it is offline.
http://dev-cavesoft.no-ip.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 12:25:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 12:25:21