Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Small Software Trick ;)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 07:51
Well i have been wanting a good proper copy of flash for a while and basically i found a great way of getting decent software for cheaper prices, legally.

For those of you who are not aware of this method, remember this. Take flash mx for instance. It costs somewhere in the region of £500 i think. Well a copy of flash 5 will cost anywhere between £50 and £100. Right ok so get the copy of flash 5. THen the upgrade price from flash 5 to flash MX is........ about £150 ish!

And there you have it, good kewl software for half the price! (this also works with adobe products! Adobe photoshop 6 legal version about £100, upgrade to CS £150, total price for both versions £250, price for full product, £500!!!!!)

Its not a bug, Its a feature

If we were meant to stay in this reality games would not exist!
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 08:16
It works on some products. There are, of course, some companies that are aware of this, and make the charge of the original product + the upgrade = the cost of the new prouct alone. For the programs that are cheaper that way, hell...DO IT!

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer
Giles Papworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 08:23
Well Flash is one of them and i recomend doing it. People may put flash down but they only put it down because they can't get the most out of it!
GO FLASH! lol

Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 08:47
I'm not reallt familiar with Flash.

Another extension of your idea is to get a "Light" version of a product, then buy an the upgrade. I've seen some products go a little cheaper if you get the Light version, then the update.

"I attribute the quarrelsome nature of the Middle Ages young men entirely to the want of the soothing weed."
-Jerome K. Jerome(1859-1927),Writer
Giles Papworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 09:12
Yea, i have done the 'Light' version before and it worked a treat . I mean it is worth time looking round the net to find out your different options, i mean i got a bargin on my flash 5 and adobe photoshop

Sparda
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 13:57
If you really want to cut costs, buy the program through a college library or academic software distributor.

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 14:06
Or off Ebay... if you want to risk it.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Giles Papworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 19:01
Yea ebay is always risky but sometimes you can get a damn good deal

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 22:23
It's a trick already used by a lot of retailers. Sometimes they give you a fantastic price by selling you the old product + the upgrade together.
Sometimes you get the new product for a "reasonable" price, and the retailer makes a bigger profit without making you aware.

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2004 23:16 Edited at: 29th Aug 2004 23:18
I prefer http://academicsuperstore.com, that place has humongous discounts. Their they have Visual Stuio .NET Pro(actually it is academic addition but basically same thing) for about $80 and that is from over $1000 at retail price.

Back from a long vacation too New Orleans

1tg46 is my name coding is my game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 12:27:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 12:27:08