Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / glueing objects together goes pear shaped

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2004 03:34
I have been playing about with pro, making objects from primitives, my first attempt was this plane, if you run the code then move the camera around to the side then the plane looks ok (for what it is anyway), if you then remove the rems where I tried to glue it together, then it goes mad and I end up with a flying saucer, what am I doing wrong (I assume it is me since other people must glue objects together ok), heres the code (no media required)

thanks in advance for the help.

Mentor.

PC1: P4 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, Radeon 9800pro w cooler (3rd gfx card), 6 way speakers.
PC2: AMD 2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra, 16 bit SB.
Mini ATX cases suck.
medwayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2004 17:07 Edited at: 30th Aug 2004 17:21
I’ve only just started using 3d again so I’m a little rusty.

I found that if you create a mesh from your root object, then make an object from that mesh, things seem to fit together ok. Although for some reason I can’t texture the new object.

Edit: I was using the wrong texture number I’ve edited code.

Based on Amiga PD game Squigs. Early shots: http://www.custardsoft.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/03.png

Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2004 17:56
thank you Custard, you are the man, that sorted things niceley, you can get away with glueing unmodified objects together, but as soon as you scale em something goes bannanas (where are all these fruit references coming from?) pears, bannanas, custard, MMMM foooood LOL,
thanks a lot mate, that sorts things nicely

Mentor.

PC1: P4 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, Radeon 9800pro w cooler (3rd gfx card), 6 way speakers.
PC2: AMD 2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra, 16 bit SB.
Mini ATX cases suck.
medwayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2004 20:17
Glad to help
I didn’t think id be able to help on this one, just got lucky.

Quote: "(where are all these fruit references coming from?) pears, bannanas, custard, MMMM foooood LOL,
"

lol
MMM Very good food

Based on Amiga PD game Squigs. Early shots: http://www.custardsoft.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/03.png

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:34:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:34:19