Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering about GameSpace and the difference between it and say a Lightwave or 3D Studio Max is it alot easier than those other programs and also is it worth the purchase?
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2004 02:24
It depends on how much you want 3D graphics to be part of your gaming career and how deep your pockets are. Gamespace is certainly the most economical of the bunch and a solid tool for indie game development. Lightwave is more expensive, but is more commercially accepted. And, 3DS Max is many times more expensive, but is one of the industry standards for 3D modelling professionals.

As an indie/hobby level developer, I'm more than happy with the budget level of tools like DoGA CGA, Milkshape 3D, Metasequoia LE, Character FX, etc. You might want to look at the current newsletter and the new tools that TGC has announced.
--
TAZ

"Do you think it is wise to provoke him?" "It's what I do." -- Stargate SG-1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 22:28:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 22:28:08