Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / How to ruin an otherwise excellent game ...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2004 02:25 Edited at: 31st Aug 2004 02:26
Introduce a big piece of sh*t like this:

Yes, this is the Pain Killer, end of chapter 2 boss. He looks visually impressive, but it's so tedious trying to kill him. The whole game is a morish fest of speedy quick despatching of huge hordes of enemies. Sometimes I don't even know how it runs, but it does. And then you get to the end of level bosses, which are very impressive. This one, however, is just darn right frustrating and annoying, and the balance is totally wrong. I can breeze through the whole game, but the step up in difficulty in killing this prick is 1000%. Not to mention the fact that you have to spend half an hour trying to work out how to do it, seeing as it's not just a case of shooting him.

Fair enough, I hear you say. It's supposed to be a challenge and variety is good right. Well, this is true, but the step up from killing people to having to puzzle solve, dodge his annoying arm thing which always comes up behind you, plus wait forever until he stands on a bubble just so that you can blow it up and wound him a bit ... it's just too much. This is a tedious bad guy, and now the only way I can be arsed to move on is to go and get an invincibility cheat or something, because it's simply too dull to try and kill him anymore.

Anyway, that's my rant about a good game, with a big pile of crap in the middle of it.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2004 02:28
Sucks when they screw up with balance like that, doesn't it?

When I finished Scourge of Armagon, I was utterly dissapointed by the horrible balance... I was able to destroy the final boss before he fired a single shot, with guns and ammo they actually gave to me at the start of the level. And last levels had been a serious challenge. D'oh...

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2004 04:11
I think it's worse in your sort of situation where it's too easy. That's a huge spoiler, as you do need that final test, but I'm still pissed at the way you have to fight this bad guy on Pain Killer. But I took some time out, and got fraps up and running to make some vid demos for those of you who haven't seen Pain Killer in action yet. I'll stick em in another post.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 12:41:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 12:41:33