Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / New Features

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Seriously this forum could do with some, like private messaging and the ability to get info on new posts of threads you've been following, and we should get to know how many posts we made (we used to have it but it's gone).
Also how about member levels with in user, like noob,and higher ranks the longer you've been here.

Got anime?I do.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2004 06:58
Yes... I am eager to see if I have indeed crossed the 3000 mark

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2004 07:20 Edited at: 31st Aug 2004 07:20
Yeah, a defenate yes on the private messagening. Not everybody postes their email (heh, not even me ) And a resounding yes on all the other stuff aswell...

I would also suggest some more forum catagories like

Cool effects (DB and DBP) --
All the cool stuff you've made but don't have a place to put it, i.e. it doesn't fit in 20-liners (which is where cool stuff useualy goes, but if it's not a 20-liner, well... )

Model Requests --
So we can clear up the "3d chat" section abit This is just a maybe, though... It's not like we're flooded with model requests.

Off topic but still DB/DBP related --
There's too many threads that have a link to DB/DBP but are in "Off-Topic." Just look yourself, there's pleny to choose from

Off topic (kwel games you've found) --
Just that. I for one really enjoyed the one about warthog jump

Game ideas --
Again, just that. For all of those MMONRPG threads we've been getting (lol) in addition to those who are really working on a game but don't have a demo or screens up just yet. Or, for game ideas that would be cool

Music --
The TCG comnuinity really needs some decent music artists. Sure, there's the ocaisonial poster on "Team Requests," but it would be really nice to have a place where you could talk about music. After all, music and SFX are much more immersive than graphics alone...

Sticky Arena! --
lol, not really. But still, all of those stickys are scattered around the board... And alot of them apply to more than just what they were posted in.

We need more support sections, aswell! More than just CartoShop and TextureMaker... For crying out loud! wheres the suport for CharShop, gile[s], Geoscape, Treemagick, etc. etc.

Anyways, that's just IMHO... But I still like it

~Hawkeye

Bring out the mercenary in you!
http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk
Mercenaries2 Community (not yet, anyway, but coming soon! right?)
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2004 07:27
If there was a sticky area, the noobs would never go there .

Off topic can be used to discuss games.

A music forum would be a bad thing for musicians because so few people would go there. They're better off posting their work in GD.

There was a requests board back in the old forum days. Suffice to say it was even more of an embarassment to the community than Team Requests is today

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2004 07:40
I was actually just tossing out ideas there... It's not like any of them are gonna happen

a) I know
b) It was just a thought, it kinda know it wasn't a really good idea
c) I mean as in music/sfx discusion, i.e. music creation software, general questions about sfx, etc. etc. But yes, that is a good point
d) lol, how was I supposted to know? But yes, it would be a bad idea...

~Hawkeye

Bring out the mercenary in you!
http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk
Mercenaries2 Community (not yet, anyway, but coming soon! right?)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 12:34:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 12:34:02