Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Remove SPYWARE. And clear your Startup group.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
http://sourceport.gotdns.com

I asked the members in this forum for help and they did really good helping me fix my computer. It was so slow and running like garbage. They have info for clearing out the startup group so everything isn't running behind Windows. And for clearing off spyware. Even have a simple simulation for using Adaware to remove spyware.

Just thought I would let you guys know incase your computer is having problems like mine was.

NeverB4
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2004 17:06 Edited at: 31st Aug 2004 17:07
Had a nightmare 2 days ago with a blue screen saying.....

Error
Windows protection fault!
You must reboot.

Then I could only boot in safe mode.

I fixed it by removing my graphic card drivers in the system folder.
Something must have messed them up. The computer rebooted, and reinstalled my drivers, and everything is better than ever.

NargRoth
Years of Service
User Offline
Good to here you system was able to be recovered. Did you install any new programs or change anything that might have caused that?
NargRoth
Years of Service
User Offline
I was thinking alot of people could probably benefit from you documenting what the issue was and the steps you took to fix it. Maybe even post it on the SourcePort Tech Forums? I know that this site needs some help getting some more info cause it was kinda slim last time I checked.

Anyway just a thought.
TravisP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2004 17:24
ive posted at the forms *wich is like a desert) and fixed few things in Dark Basic post

Good thing everyone here is a figment of my imagination.

ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2004 07:45
Use Spybot Search and Destroy (download.com). It's free, frequently updates, and does much more than just remove spyware.

"Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer Simpson
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2004 02:00
Good tip. I cleaned up my startup group and now my computer boots up much quicker. Also, I\'ve now god right of all that memory resident rubbarb, like real scheduler, quicktime updater etc. etc. which just doesnt need to be there - parasitic rubbish.

GothOtaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2004 01:07
Quote: " Use Spybot Search and Destroy (download.com). It's free, frequently updates, and does much more than just remove spyware."

Or you can get it at the main webpage: http://www.safer-networking.de/
I highly recommend Spybot, it works wonders.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 14:34:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 14:34:45