Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / collisons with animated model

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2004 08:36
my question is for dbpro how would I detect collisions (I have nuclear collisoin dll) for my weapon which is animated with my character. I was thinking of making a dummy object and positioning him with my weapon but how could i detect where that part of the object was?(.x model)

Trevor Somerville
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2004 02:37
This is a complex problem that I am also struggling with. I also use NGC and my idea (which I have not tried yet), is to increase the size of the object radius when the frames of your object are between a set number.

Say your normal radius is : SetObjRadiusPro(5,5,5). Then, when you swing the sword (which is, we'll say, between frames 112-145), you may be able to do this:

player = 1
frame = object frame(player)
if frame > 112 and <145
SetObjRadiusPro(9,5,9)
endif

Then reset the radius at the beginning of your game loop. I don't know if this is a possibility, but may be worth a try!

Trev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2004 04:45
yes that probly would work.... but you still wouldnt be able to tell what is being collided with the sword or the actual model.... im thinking if i have to finding the exact poly area of the weapon and decting if thats where the collison is

Trevor Somerville
Trev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2004 09:43
anyone know any good ways to solve the problem? cause apperintly im not the only person with this problem so please help.

Trevor Somerville
Trev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2004 13:15
@Sir Spaghetti Code and any one else interested by this topic. I found out a way you could find out if your weapon has hit the object using the setobjradiuspro and offsetellipsepro to move it infront of the object and make it able to detect if your weapon hits somthing infront of you.... only downside is that you would lose the abilty to detect collisions for your player... o well its good enough for me.

Trevor Somerville

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 23:28:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 23:28:13