Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / should i trust free gift world?!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2004 10:21
some company offers to give away a free copy of dbp.
it is an affiliate of thegamecreators.
heres the link that was provided

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/adclick?sa=l&ai=ASjjzzamNBdfnr4L9p5tiByIDRX78Hs41pfZAA34tB4TAxm99BAA0GOQACEAmWAAAkFmcrJWYzl2YwJ3buQHaldWYtV2YyVWY09mcz5yYv1GA0YDO4ZDMfF2cAAQAAA&num=1&adurl=http://be.freegiftworld.com/trk.jsp%3FM%3D0%26ADTGID%3D2640%26CID%3D39217%26SID%3DDarkBASIC%2BProfessional&client=ca-pub-6042722625366627

yea its long, but anyway, you need to provide email and home adress
should i do it? it doesnt seem to be a sweepstakes, but a definite prize...

my site http://strike.insurrection-games.com
DONT try to email me, it will go to junk. to contact me, simply message me in aim or msn. Msn: Borman500@msn.com Aim: Xytor500
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2004 10:31
We have NEVER heard of them and DO NOT endorse this.

Enter your email address at your own risk.

"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde
BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2004 15:05
I saw that page before. Didn't click on it. I mean, c'mon, it's obviously something stupid. Either you get entered along with millions of other people to get a copy of DBPro that some guys bought a while ago and they use your email to spam you, or they don't even bother with DBP and just spam you.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2004 23:56
well im reading their ToS. It looks like they WILL send you dbp, but its a sponsership program, you will start reciving spam when you sign up and you have a fufill a requirement of reciving or using a sponsers product in some form. DBP is marked as a lvl 2 gift so you would have to use 2 sponser's products. Some things to note from the ToS:

Sponsors cover the entire cost of your free gift, plus all the shipping & handling fees. By "completing an offer", we mean that you take delivery of the product or service provided by the sponsor. For credit card offers, you must be approved for and activate that credit card. Activation means completing a balance transfer or using your new credit card for a purchase. A pop-up window will appear after you click on a sponsor's offer with details on how to complete a particular offer.

It takes up to 60 days after you complete an offer before our sponsor notifies us. Once we receive this notification, your account will be updated accordingly.

Please note: Earning some free gifts requires you to complete more than one sponsor offer. Each gift has a Level which indicates the required number of sponsor offers that you must complete:

Level 1 - Complete any 1 Sponsor Offer
Level 2 - Complete any 2 Sponsor Offers
Level 3 - Complete any 3 Sponsor Offers
Level 4 - Complete any 3 Sponsor Offers and 1 Premium Sponsor Offer

Agreement to Accept FREEgiftworld.com and Sponsor E-Mail. By using this site and registering to become a Member, you are agreeing to opt-in to receive newsletters and other special offers by mail or e-mail from FREEgiftworld.com or any of its business affiliates.

also, you must live in the usa to be able to use this system.
Personally, considering you would need to complete 2 offers, each one taking upto 2 months to clear, before they even start the shipping process, I dont think its worth it.

p4 2.4ghz, 768ddr ram, Geforce FX 5200
Innovate, redefine, recreate whats in your mind. It isnt fate, you decide, only you can cross that line.
Xytor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2004 03:49
ah, thankyou

my site http://strike.insurrection-games.com
DONT try to email me, it will go to junk. to contact me, simply message me in aim or msn. Msn: Borman500@msn.com Aim: Xytor500
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2004 09:01
Yeah, nobody is going to give you something for "FREE" ie. no strings attached. And if you give them your email address, you better plan on never using it again, as within a few hours it will become unusable for sure!

This sounds like a computer-age version of those record club deals. They make it sound great, but in the end, you will end up getting hit for WAY more than the gift is worth!

Northern Lights
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2004 11:22
If you only need an email address once, there was this place that I saw where you could put any email name you wanted and then @????(forgot name) and it would create that account when mail was sent there. You would then go there, log in, get whatever you needed from your email and then never worry about it again. Your semi-psuedo account would be deleted after a day or so... You might be able to find the site if you look hard. Try looking at G4techtv.com under the screensavers. I think thats where I saw it.

"Watson you idiot! Someone stole our tent!"
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2004 11:47
I know that 99.99999999% of those offers, you do not get the product, and the ones you do will need your physical address to send it to, and will not except P.O. Boxes, because all they want to do is sell your address to thousands of companies for around twenty times the value of whatever they give you.

Can a mod move this to the Off-Topic forum, please????????????

"What is a game if not illusions stacked upon illusions?"
JeBuS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2004 13:14
By the way, the Google Ad's at the bottom of this forum list the FreeGiftWorld as a sponsor, so that may be causing some confusion.

High quality models and graphics, low prices. Graphics for the rest of us.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 23:30:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 23:30:57