Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Chatbot AI

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2004 20:01
I´m making chatbot and i have no any actual problems here but i´m interested about how someone else has done AI to chatbot i just started coding and i´m happy about how good it´s even now i think it´s good There is one bad side in my chatbot... it´s in finnish i but my code in snibbets some day.
can you people but your code here so that i see what you got I can´t but mine now because i´m using another computer and i have not taken my code with me
Turoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2004 21:30
not really sure what you mean.. do you mean that you can talk to the computer.. and that the computer is talking back ?

syntax error??? it isn't an error, it is a feature

Trev
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2004 22:26 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2004 22:27
im assuming he means a chatbot as in somthing that will greet users as they come on the sever. And if a person msg is it and say swears at it, it will start making jokes about his mother or something. If you ever played on blizzerd ie; starcraft, warcraft he probly means a bot like on thier.

Trevor Somerville
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2004 23:45
sounds like the fun sort of things you used to be taught the basics of in the BBC and Acorn Electron users manuals and definatly in my "Start programming with the Electron!" book

They were little programs where the user would type input and the program would look for anything it reconised and reply accordingly.

Like most would start something like

10 input a$
20 IF a$ = "hi" then Print "Hello human! Whats your name?"

then you would check input and store the name etc. The examples were always basic but they were good programs to understand a little bit about variables, conditions and input/output on those old machines - and with alot of work (checking for multiple words, noting punctuation etc and ALOT of error checking) they could actually become quite adept chat AI's after a while, me and a friend spent a month on ours and then had our other friends come over and would be like look! we have created the super AI, my electron is ALIVE!
hehe, good days XD Think i still have that on tape around here somewhere >>

p4 2.4ghz, 768ddr ram, Geforce FX 5200
Innovate, redefine, recreate whats in your mind. It isnt fate, you decide, only you can cross that line.
matt rochon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2004 03:47
if you wanna see a sweet chatbot check this out

http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=f5d922d97e345aa1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 23:33:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 23:33:37