Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / ??? Help with terrain size and zooming ???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2004 07:28
I have two questions:

1) How do you set a boundry so that the camera doesn't fly off your terrain and off into space? I'd like to set the barrier just inside the edges of the terrain I've created, so the player is confined to the terrain I've made.

2) is there a way to set up my mousewheel so that it will zoom in and out? I know there is the mousemovez() command, but it dosn't seem to do anything for me. I'd like to roll forward to zoom in and roll back to zoom out with minium and maximum allowable values.

Thanks!
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2004 09:48
Hi,
I'm guessing you've set up variables for your camera movement, lets say you've got someting simple like....

If the edge of your terrain was at 124.875 in 3d space, just change it to.....

I aren't 100% sure on this but I hope it helps.

Formely code2kill
To tell you the truth, I'm just glad I DON'T enjoy playng The Sims.
the play2kill fan club
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2004 21:42
For the zooming problem, there seems to be a bug with the MouseMoveZ() command, instead, use MouseZ() to find your own value, you should use something like this each loop:

Then you can zoom in by the amount held in 'MovedZ', so something like this would work:

Also fiddle with the 'Set Camera FOV' command, it can give some great effects for zooming in as it gives a 'Fish eye' look to the world. When zoomed in you should probably set the FOV to a lower value and when zoomed out you should set it back to the normal value (Around 90 I think).

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
McChief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2004 05:52
Thanks both of you, I'll try your suggestions. I've really had a tough time with this for some reason. It seems it would be easy to roll the wheel up to zoom out and roll it down to zoom in, so far it's been anything but easy.

Exeat, I'm glad you mentioned the bug with the Mousemovez() command, I have never been able to get it to work at all. I hope I can get something going with Mousez().

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 23:33:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 23:33:10