Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Commands not found in the help file?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2004 03:04
Hi there.

Could someone please tell me where I can find out about commands that are not listed in the DBPro help system? For example TYPE and ENDTYPE are not explained anywhere, nor does the IDE recognize them as commands, yet I've read code snippets that use them, so I know they exist. There used to be a site that had every single command explained but that site seems to be gone now, can anyone help?

Thanks.
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2004 06:26
Type and EndType are both recognised in DBPRO. Looks like you have not installed an update properly.

If you just type TYPE in the editor does it turn blue. If so, hit F1 on it to get the help.

If not, then Just hit F1 to get to main help screen, then click on 'principles' and then on 'Datatypes and variables'.

Boo!
Orgull V2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2004 10:08
Thanks for the tip spooky, I completely re-installed DBPro and applied patch 5.5 and IDE patch 1.9 and now type and endtype are recognized by the IDE.
Philip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 22:24
TYPE and ENDTYPE are explained in the manual. They aren't in the Reference Manual book as that is just a list of all the commands (and TYPE and ENDTYPE are not so much commands as structures) but they are explained in the smaller black book that comes with DBPro.

Philip

What do you mean, bears aren't supposed to wear hats and a tie? P3.2ghz / 1 gig / GeForce FX 5900 128meg / WinXP home

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 23:35:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 23:35:58