Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / NuclearGlory and Advanced Terrains

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone else have trouble using nuclear glory with the Advamced terrain commands? I have this code...

LOAD IMAGE "testtexture.BMP",1
load image "detail.tga",2
MAKE OBJECT TERRAIN 5
set terrain heightmap 5, "testheightmap.bmp"
set terrain scale 5, 100, 50, 100
set terrain split 5, 16
set terrain tiling 5, 4
set terrain light 5, 1, -0.25, 0, 1, 1, 0.78, 1
set terrain texture 5, 1, 2
build terrain 5

This loads a terrain and it works beautifully, I can walk through with ease. But as soon as I add this to it the compiler crashes

CollisionTypePro(5,TYPE_WORLD_OBJ)

I wonder if its just me or incompatability with Nuclear Glory and the advanced terrains? It should work because the terrains are just objects.... ,

Any responses would be greatly appreciated. I have a feeling I'm doing something wrong cause I havn't seen other posts on it.
Biocreep
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, did some further testing and found that NGC chokes on the make mesh from object command on the terrain. Oh well, the simple workaround is to go back to using my terrain as an .X object, But It sure would be nice to use the Adv. Terrain. Sigh, if I find a fix for it I will post it here. If anyone else finds a fix or if NGC works with thier terrains, I'd appreciate a response. Thanks in advance.

forgot to mention DBpro V 5.5. and NGC 2.01
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2004 05:36
NGC works very well with my terrains as long as they are lower poly. It is a bug with DBP's make mesh command that puts garbage into the mesh if there are too many polys. They are working on it. Supposedly it will work when they release the next terrain update.

nuclear glory
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2004 00:47 Edited at: 7th Sep 2004 00:49
Quote: "NGC works very well with my terrains as long as they are lower poly. It is a bug with DBP's make mesh command that puts garbage into the mesh if there are too many polys."

<nods>

Thanks Lost in Thought

I'm going to make note of these things in the v3 docs so they don't get mistook as a NGC bug, lol.

Lead Programmer/Director
Powerful Collision DLL for DBPro and DBC: http://www.nuclearglory.com
Lightwave Scene Exporter to .X also at: http://www.nuclearglory.com
Biocreep
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the replys guys, I hope they change it soon NGC is the way to go for collisions. I'll mess with lower poly terrains for now.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 08:11
yes, NGC would be good with terrains. Magic World Pro 1.1 will have terrains, I've been considering a NGC add-on to Magic World for 1.2

Ho hum, back to MW Pro 1.0

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 23:24:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 23:24:04