Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Multiple .X Files Glued Together, How to ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2004 09:07 Edited at: 7th Sep 2004 09:21
Hello,

DBPro is the language btw:

I am working on a game, that requires, the object grows longer, what I have done is create a head object, a middle object which depending on how many objects the player eats, ex. the snakes game, will be reproduced and copied, and attached to the head and tail objects, to make the snake appear to get longer and longer.

Does anyone, have a code example showing how to glue 3 .X objects together, I have read the docs, and am unable to make heads or tails of it, hehe, I made a joke, I kill me.. heheh umm Do, I have to have a skeleton, with a limb pointing out the front and the back of the center portion, and a skeleton pointing out the back of the head, and out the front of the tail object in order to glue them all together ?

If anyone can help, please, I am kinda lost , I can display and move one object around, but not sure how to make a bigger object out of smaller .x objects and move that one conglomerate object around.

If ya can help me, feel free to either post here or email me at:
[email]storm3@twlakes.net

Thanks in advance,

Ken

[PKE] Pain Killa Entertainment(tm) [PKE]
Pain Brings Reality...
Sir Spaghetti Code
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 09:26
Here are a couple. Also look for any commands that have "limb" in the name.

GLUE OBJECT TO LIMB object #,limb #, second object

UNGLUE OBJECT object #

"What is a game if not illusions stacked upon illusions?"
StOrM3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 12:05
Okay I have been struggling with glue object commands and the offset limb commands, and I can make it look right, but for some reason when I rotate object one, which the other objects should be glued too, they don't move with it.

Can anyone post some example code showing 3 objects and how to glue them together as limbs correctly so you can manipulate all 3 objects just by rotating or moving object one ?

Thanks.

Pain Brings Reality...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 23:29:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 23:29:58