Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / CSM files in DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 02:31
Hi guys, first post on this forum Bought DBPro and received it only a few days ago. I need a little help with getting a map that I built with Cartography Shop into my game and into 3D space. I can't find any command (at least not within the core engine) that directly imports CSM files, so I wonder if there is some standard procedure for doing this?

Can anybody set me up with a simple step by step for getting a Cart Shop map into a DBPro game?

Thanks in advance,
Steve.
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 02:57 Edited at: 8th Sep 2004 02:57
Look in the cartography shop forum
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_read&i=13

This thread in particualar.
DarkBASIC Professional PLUGIN Cartography Shop v4.x CSM Map Importer v3.0.x http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=33175&b=13

it's cool to hate
Agent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 17:07
Ok thanks, that worked well. I now have my map loaded and I can move my camera around to view it.

My nex tproblem is collision. I am building a top-down style game with multiple objects that the player can control (like Syndicate, only in 3D). The map is an internal one, with rooms and corridors and walls, and I want to test to see if one of the player-controllable objects has collided with a wall (or even the floor, for jumping and gravity code) in my map. This doesn't seem to be documented in the help files for the CSM import plugin. It mentions something called Nuclear Glory, which I haven't researched a great deal but appears to be a collision detection include. It seems rather complex for the reasonably simple concept of collision detection.

What's the go? Is this Nuclear Glory the done thing or is there a simple way to test for collision between an object and a wall in a CSM file?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 23:24:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 23:24:14