Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / audio software

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
anyone know any good software to produce music and sound effect?
I currently know fruity loop and acid pro.

eatfishy
TKF15H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 10:51
Maybe Cool edit?
Please DON'T EAT ME!!!

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 15:28
For sound effects grab various odds, ends, and toys from around your house and bang on them into your microphone and mess around with them in Acid, or Soundforge, or Audition, or Audacity.

For music Fruity Loops is the best for the loop music, but if you want something more orchesrated/cinematic you'll probably want a good orchestral sound library and some notation software (make sure the library can export to .wav).

Fruity Loops has some software synthesizers included and available for purchase. Kontakt has some good music software. There's also Buzz (www.buzzmachines.com). These can be fun for funky sound effects and weird electronic loop music.

If you're a music theory master I recommend:
Sibelius
>>>Kontakt Player Gold
Finale
Garritan Personal Orchestra(library works with Sibelius/Finale and has included notation software demo:http://www.garritan.com/mp3/GPOAdventure.mp3)

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2004 21:07
Wavepad is a pretty good wave editor, and is free - everyone should have a decent wave/mp3 editor.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks everyone. I always get response from people in DB forum.

eatfishy
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 10:13
I have SoundForge and Acid myself. They work pretty well. I also have an old version of MusicWrite, a win3.1 program. It's a nice simple midi song writer.

"eureka" - Archimedes
GothOtaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 10:58
The software formally known as Cool Edit is what I use to modify all my sound effects. To make my effects I just do something to a microphone and then mess with the noise in Cool Edit 2000 (which thankfully I bought before they got bought out).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 14:26:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 14:26:45