Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Hockey, my First Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 05:20
Hi, I'm new to the DarkBasic Program and I'm still learning, but with the help of my brother I created my first game, Hockey.

To download my game Copy and Pase this into the address bar.

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/db_games/IceHockey.zip

Thanks and enjoy.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 05:37
Moved this post here, as it would seem more appropriate here.

DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 DarkTOPIA site coming soon!
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 02:37
That's pretty good for a first game. The collision detection is really nice, so are the rebound physics. I don't have anyone else to play against, but I am sure it would be fun playing against another person.

Do you want to keep updating this to make it better? With things like computer AI, multiple pucks, etc....you could make it pretty interesting

Xander Moser - Bolt Software - Firewall
Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 00:16 Edited at: 14th Sep 2004 00:18
Ya Thx bolt

Leeroy is actually my younger brother and I was trying to guide him in the ways of DBP . He did most of the work but there were times when I needed to help him.

About advancing it
Yea we were thinking of advancing it but then nobody posted and we felt that we should move onto a new game. But we did have things in mind like fixing a known bug (when puck is hit in middle of goals, goalies cannot block it) and we thought that adding 2 AI controlled hockey players to go after the puck would be neat.

Ill have to talk with him and see if he still wants to continue with DBP and if he does maybe we will update this game.

Thanks again for the comments. Im sure you will make my brother feel better about his game.

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/db_games/
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 03:43
I am always glad to boost others' confidence. I like to see people work to the best of their ability, and have fun doing it. I never saw this post before...it must have been on a different board.

My first game was in a form of Basic, and it was a pong game. Everyone has to start somewhere. It is fun to make a really basic game, then see how far you can pump it up

Xander Moser - Bolt Software - Firewall
Leeroy Brown
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 05:03
I have been working on a game called Shooting Gallery for the past couple days and have given little thought to Hockey. I think once I'm done with Shooting Gallery I will continue to work on hockey.
Thanks a lot for your post.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:13:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:13:39