Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] The degregation of these boards!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 05:58 Edited at: 9th Sep 2004 06:09
Even though we have had a tonn of new mods I think these forums have hit a bit of a slump lately. There's lots of spam, and alot of spammers (some of whom are doing some pretty nasty stuff) and even the regular memebers have stared swearing - properly (not like f***ing or something like that) I've even caught Rich saying 'pisses' << used to illistrate my point I'm not a hyupercrit.

What happened to the good old days where this was a family place where we all hated raven and cowerd from the mods?

That's my two cents, and I know it doesn't apply to everyone, it is just my fear that soon I - and you - won't have a decent forum but just alot of '1337 h4x0r5' making Halo 5 with Doom 10 effects as a MMORPG who have pretty dirty mouths.

Rich quote:

Quote: "
It pisses all over IE though, and that's all it needs to do.
"

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~
Mr Underhill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:00
Quote: "What happened to the good old days where this was a family place where we all hated raven and cowerd from the mods?"

lol

"You don't need a reason to help people."-Zidane (FFIX)
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:10
Kill,

thats part of the reason for the new mods (in other time zones aside from UK) to help put a stop to the madness you mentioned. Been pretty quiet thus far. Oh, and by the way you should still COWer from the mods The ohter topic I'll leave alone.

DBP_NETLIB_v1.4.3 DarkTOPIA site coming soon!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:10
Quote: "What happened to the good old days where this was a family place where we all hated raven and cowerd from the mods?"

It's called RGT, which is now dead
(LLRGT isn't RGT... different atmosphere imo)

This place was very nice, and not so much anti-well lets face it this place has gone to hell in a basket really.

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:16
I was joking mate, I love you really! Ok, maybe not love..Um..How about I have no extra feelings either side of normal.

And hey my bad spelling is very well known, I can bamboozle the best of spell checkers and examiners my A grade history mock was downgraded to a B because most of it was ilegable! lol

~It's a common mistake to make, the rules of the English langauge do not apply to insanity~
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:19 Edited at: 9th Sep 2004 06:20
I think the forums are doing quite fine personally. If you can pinpoint a specific problem, I'm sure we'll be able to think of something.

I was a little offended when you'd say something like...

Quote: " and even the regular memebers have stared swearing - properly (not like f***ing or something like that) I've even caught Rich saying 'pisses' << used to illistrate my point I'm not a hyupercrit."

and your location to have something like...

Keep in mind, this is a board consisting of many people from different countries, so certain words have different effects.

I'm not trying to single you out. Feel free to contact me though, if you ever have any problems.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:22
I still hate Raven, but I'm not afraid of the mods, never have been.

Except lately the new ones have been trying to "pat me down" as I enter. And that is scary.

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:23
nah, I just like patting you down

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:23
That's very true MikeS, but I don't consider damn ot damnit to be a swearword and I was brought up in an irish catholic family so try to get much stricter than that. But you must adamit 'damnit' is far far different to some of the other stuff on the boards, which I must admit is being cleaned up.

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:24
Who wouldn't?

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:25 Edited at: 9th Sep 2004 06:27
all occurrences of "dammit" will now be replaced with "pants", just so youre all aware.

CLARIFICATION: If you are in the US you will see "Pants", everywhere else you will see "Trousers". Thank you.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:26
Quote: "That's very true MikeS, but I don't consider damn ot damnit to be a swearword and I was brought up in an irish catholic family so try to get much stricter than that."

Yes but now I believe you're an athiest so if I'm correct you obviously don't share those feelings anymore

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:26
pants, that sucks.

Mr Underhill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:27
Quote: "But you must adamit 'damnit' is far far different to some of the other stuff on the boards, which I must admit is being cleaned up."

Agreed. Go mods go!

"You don't need a reason to help people."-Zidane (FFIX)
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:28
I agree, but again the "d-word"(No I didn't mispell dword you silly people), is considered a bad word from how I've been brought up.

Ack, enough of that talk. As long as I can remember I've seen these posts for as long as I've been here. Nothing to worry about.

Killswitch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:28
Yup I'm an aethist but that doesn't stop me from having a fairly strict upbringing, I can't exactly convince the rest of my family to drop the rules on me, what would my brother say!

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:29
he'd say "Aw PANTS!"

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:51
I'd say there is very little chance of a spam invasion like we've been getting - there's all these shiny new buttons like 'Delete All Numpties Posts' which will put a stop to it - I mean we must be verging on 24 hour mod support these days.

We have mod powers burning a hole in our pockets, and Mouse isn't afraid to use them!.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 06:53
Quote: "Mouse isn't afraid to use them!."

or Mis-use them.(lol j/k)

Ok, that was intentional, I'm sorry.

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 07:02 Edited at: 9th Sep 2004 07:03
I feel the need to say this...

Would you lot stop bragging about your new mod powers? I can take not becoming one, and loosing any vote we had by a landslide, and I can take you guys being happy about your new modship...

BUT SHUT THE F*CK UP ABOUT ALL YOUR NEW LITTLE GADGETS...

Cheers,
Preston

[Edit] Now back on whatever topic this original post had...

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz 512 MB Ram nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB
Prayne de crabug ahm rinedere be-yogt iglo kes gron
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 07:02 Edited at: 9th Sep 2004 07:05
A bad word is a bad word, no matter what. If I see damnit as a bad word (and I do) I'll see damnit as a bad word. Same goes for pants and trousers, even though I don't. Think they're bad words, that is

But I don't see anything wrong with the fourms as they are right now. All of the new mods are doing great. With the current exception of the cow dude. I don't know why, but he just pulls my pants...

Sorry j/k

Didn't mean to insult you, CattleRustler, sorry

EDIT: Uh, Preston? That was a joke, right? Cuz I don't see anyone laughing... And you didn't seem to include a in there...

EDIT2: what main topic? All we've done is shoot the pants... sorry, breeze

Bring out the mercenary in you!
http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk
Mercenaries2 Community (not yet, anyway, but coming soon! right?)
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 07:04
Even though we have had a tonn of new mods I think these forums have hit a bit of a slump lately. There's lots of spam, and alot of spammers (some of whom are doing some pretty nasty stuff)

Trust me, I wish it were more lively. Not a thing to do for me but separate an argument.

Quote: "and even the regular memebers have stared swearing - properly (not like f***ing or something like that) I've even caught Rich saying 'pisses' << used to illistrate my point I'm not a hyupercrit."

Get over it. Alot worse will happen in real life

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 07:05 Edited at: 9th Sep 2004 07:06
Yeah... Just look at the fat guy

EDIT: or rather don't...

Bring out the mercenary in you!
http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk
Mercenaries2 Community (not yet, anyway, but coming soon! right?)
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 07:12
Preston,
Seeing as the title of this post is the degregation of this forum (at the top, see?), and it mentions us, I'm not sure who you expected to post here.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 07:13
To me there's only one swear word, and I fry not to f*cking use it.

It's amazing how much TV has raised us. (Bart Simpson)
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 07:16
You fry?

Preston-> No comment

In General-> I think the forums have been doing rather well for the past few weeks with the exception of bloodbubble spamming, and with all the new mods that's not likely to happen again.

Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 07:19
Well, I think Mouse's just a little(huge undersatement) Lock/remove happy.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 07:20 Edited at: 9th Sep 2004 07:20
Really I've only ever locked one post and deleted one by accident... so I don't know what you lot are on about, but if there's something wrong I'll try to fix it... I am to please unless your name is blood bubble

Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 07:27
Ok, mostly remove happy. You seem to like removing my posts tho . But, It's usually just some crap anyway, I'd only get mad if it were a particularly good flame, or WIP about my game.

JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 07:28
Preston -> you give me the idea that you have a REALLY REALLY bad attitude about EVERYTHING, the reason YOU are not mod is YOUR problem, no one likes you because YOU have the bad attitude

sorry about the flamming...but i just had to say that

Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 07:50
@Darwin: Honestly, I don't have a bad mood about everything. I just have a bad mood about things that F*CKING PISS ME OFF! There are a few things on this forum that do that, but not many. You, and your post aren't one of them.

For the most part, I try to be cool headed...and I try to respect others, and not show my bad attitude if I have one. Problem is, I can't always hold it back like some bomb that wants to explode but can't. Not to mention it's not always the forum that pisses me off, I too have a life, and its not the best one. So I can't always be some lubby dubby teddy bear that all of you think everyone should be like. I'm human, it's impossible to do something like that without having major negative effects (which is what I'm trying to avoid).

You know...I think I'll take some time from the forums, it'll be for the best.

Cheers,
Preston

Intel Celeron 1.3 Ghrz 512 MB Ram nVidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB
Prayne de crabug ahm rinedere be-yogt iglo kes gron
Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 07:53
Quote: "I too have a life"
I always thought you were, just somesort of bot.

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 08:00

I'm a n00ber.
Since I've joined the forums have been pretty consistent. It had its slump form late summer to fall, then picks up again Christmas time (when everybody gets DB under the tree and all the regulars joke about the newbs) and early-mid summer when we're all excited about our time off.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 08:00
This thread seems to have degraded into exactly the type of thing that the OP was originally worrying about ... so I guess it's time to finish things here before we slump any further.

*** Coming soon - Network Plug-in - Check my site for info ***
For free Plug-ins, source and the Interface library for Visual C++ 6, .NET and now for Dev-C++ http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 14:17:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 14:17:08