Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / simple explosion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 09:35
I have a level in my game that you drive a tank in an overhad view. If you collide into the wall then you blow up and lose a life. The only problem is I don't know how to make an explosion . I only need a fairly simple one but I still need help on how to make one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 23:41
Try an expanding sphere with an explosion texture applied. Rotate it slightly as you scale it. That should do in a pinch. Since it is an overhead view, you could also try sprites.
--
TAZ

"Do you think it is wise to provoke him?" "It's what I do." -- Stargate SG-1
Xander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 01:28
Here is a link to a thread I started. I created a program that showed how to do explosions, shockwaves, smoke, and debris. You should be able to understand it, and implement it into your game.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=24518&b=6

Just ask if you have any questions. Good Luck!

Xander Moser - Bolt Software
Nameless
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2004 09:34
Quote: "Try an expanding sphere with an explosion texture applied. Rotate it slightly as you scale it. That should do in a pinch. Since it is an overhead view, you could also try sprites.
"

could you give me a bit of sample code for that?

Bolt
Thanks,I actually had already downloaded that but I failed to convert it into my game.
Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2004 10:13 Edited at: 15th Sep 2004 10:13

Infra-Dark
Bring the 20 liners back!
#coding, like coding, but with a #
JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2004 13:21
A similar solution. Variable exA is a flag to indicate an explosion, and is executed every 20 miliseconds (ep)
A line following checks to see if the scale is greater than 960, and if it is, sets exA=0 and hides the sphere (shockA)

-JerBil

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-23 00:28:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-23 00:28:36