Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / the infinite cat project

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 13:15
ammend:
dont let the fact it came from apple sectors of the universe if your a cat lover

synopsis:

Mike Stanfill, a Texan web designer, comic-book author and cat fancier, saw a picture of a cat admiring a rose on a Mac forum.

"Shortly afterwards another user posted a picture of his cat, Sammy, bristling at the cat on the monitor," Mike wrote. Entranced, he launched the Infinite Cat Project.

link:
http://www.infinitecat.com/

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 13:20 Edited at: 9th Sep 2004 13:20
Heheh... that's pretty darn cool. If I could get my cat to act like it wasn't stoned and exhausted for a split second, I'd submit...

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 13:25
Quote: "Conservative's are SUCH lovely people.

I've been running this web site for about three months now and all of the email I've received has been complimentary, except for the occasional dog lover asking for their own section.

But that all changed about two weeks ago when foxnews.com added a link on their web site directing readers to the ICP, which resulted in a huge influx of visitors. It also resulted in a brief flurry of very bad-mannered emails, most all of which were in response to the "Kitties for Kerry" bumper stickers I sell. These emails eventually dwindled to nothing and I felt that was the end of that.

Well, not really.

Since the day Fox discovered this web site there has been a concerted attack to try and shut it down. The latest trick involved bloating my bandwidth usage by running scripts that continually load and reload my pages. Bandwidth usage has ballooned six-fold since then but the tech's at my host are addressing this problem as I write this. We have the culprit's IP addresses and legal steps will be taken if necessary.

All I want to point out is that these right-wing fascist's will do ANYTHING to muzzle opposition to their plans to essentially control everything. Even two-bit web sites like this one. So please vote Democrat this November, both for national and regional offices. Let's bring a little bit of sanity back to the American way of life. Thanks for listening.

BTW, this information isn't meant to inflame the already hot political wars. It is simply to let you all know what kind of rotten scum exist in the world and to inform the less-polite of you that further hate mail directed at me and the ICP will not be answered. So save your digital breath, dirt-bags."

That's such typical democrat. If he was a conservative himself and had bumper stickers that read 'KITTIES FOR BUSH' he'd get the same response from the democrats. Plus, what makes him think the flooder ever SAW the fox news link or IS a conservative. I hate him already.

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 13:30
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
>< another thread about cats.

JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 13:40
you know what i realized about cats?
they are a lot like me, they do something REALLY REALLY stupid (like fall of the bed) and then make it look like they MEANT to.
I honestly believe they ACTUALLY are doing that. me and my friends had a conversation about that today (yes, i have no life)

after all that said, cats are dumb and i hate them

BearCDPOLD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 13:51
My Dad & Uncle when they were younger did an experiment to see if cats always landed on their feet once.....
Anywho
wow, that's alotta cats.

Crazy Donut Productions, Current Project: Project Starbuks
Sony stole our name!
Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 14:43
wow suprised newbie brogo(i think that was his name)
hasn't been here yet he is a cat freak everythign he posty has something to do with cats

http://free-space.myftp.org for free ftp
website hosting and e-mail 60mb for ftp/webste 70mb for e-mail
JokerZ
AGK Silver Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 14:45
we should run our own infinite n00b website.
with n00bs looking at other n00bs posting about mmorpgs..

I'd say we could easily obliterate the 297 cats posted on the other site.

Everything happens for a reason
GothOtaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 22:03
Heh, probably.
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 06:05 Edited at: 10th Sep 2004 06:05
Hey! I am working on a cat website called Kotka.... you submit pictures of your cats and I approve them, and they appear in our databse for all users to view, with a forum for talkin' 'bout cats, and with a section for cat pictures that stand out from the rest to go in...

Ugh.... And of coarse, this has been delayed 2 weeks from release becuase of my host....

Anywho, anything about cats, I like, so I guess I like that website!

woooooooot

Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
So you liked the evil cat killer?

Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 07:10
hew newbie
why don't you just change host's i mean you have been waitring 2 weeks already use dbspot or freewebs(although they might not support what you need)

http://free-space.myftp.org for free ftp
website hosting and e-mail 60mb for ftp/webste 70mb for e-mail
adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 07:16
O/T: isn't "Kotka" the Polish for "cats" ?

/me remembers a Polish lullaby involving 3 cats

I think the taxis are bulletproof
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 12:02 Edited at: 10th Sep 2004 12:03
Hey! DONT give it away adr!!! Edit that post out please! People have to figure out themselves , some people know...

But I like my current host for now, I'm going to be very patient, becuase I've got pretty good stuff with it, and it's free..

I have my own domain name, so the annoying name most hosts come with isn't a problem.

I'll hold my breath and hope it is fixed soon.

@Ilya - anything that is positive and in good favor of cats

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 14:37:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 14:37:06