Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Circular Printer! trippy man

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 13:24
like a stargate ring but it prints onto paper trippy

http://www.idsa.org/idea/idea2004/g257.htm

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 13:27
I bet it's a real TREAT loading the paper into that thing hahaha.

http://www.dbspot.com/ - Free website hosting. Fast and reliable... probably.
JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 13:43
all i can say is: WHY?

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 13:45
It'd work better if they got it to print on the outside and you didn't have to fit it through the holding ring. Pressure would keep the paper fairly stable.

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 18:56
That looks great!

It's probably a better design than the cheap printers you get nowadays, I mean HP have a lot to answer for with there Deskjet range - nice and cheap, but I'd be very surprised to find one over a year old that still works.

It is fiddly and awkward, but it's tiny as well - so consider the alternatives for portable printing and that mad little round printer is a pretty decent option.

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 19:04
Quote: "all i can say is: WHY?"

"This circular-type portable concept printer responds to a real need for business travelers and challenges engineers to make it a reality. Using rotational, instead of linear, movement to obtain a truly portable design, printer size is reduced by one-third.

Light and compact.
Slim, rounded lines impart an image of durability and portability.
"This is a fresh and novel design solution to the long standing pursuit of printing anywhere, anytime. Focusing on making the printer compact and portable also broadens the possibilities for where printer technology can or should be pushed. This truly provokes, challenges, and sparks the imagination; a revolutionary design…literally. Samsung…please build this!" - Christopher Alviar, IDSA, Principal, CG/A"

Feel free to read the website yourself, next time.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks tricky to get the paper in. Oh well, everything is piled up on my workstation, but at least everything fits without one of those.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2004 22:18
Quote: "HP have a lot to answer for with there Deskjet range "

A friend of mine likes to take photos, enhance and print out on his HP photo Deskjet. He hasn't yet found 2 HP printers that print the same colours - quite important when you're selling to the photo-printing consumer.

BatVink
http://biglaugh.co.uk/catalog AMD 3000+ Barton, 512Mb Ram, 120 Gig Drive space, GeForce 5200 FX 128 Mb, Asus A7N8X Mobo.
Terms & Conditions apply
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 00:03
I've got an HP printer-scanner-copier and it prints quite accuratly, scans quite well and copies a treat ...

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 01:00
And costs a freakin fortune in cartridges ...

I worked out that I can justifiably replace each HP Deskjet at work with £150 laser printers, and it'd pay for itself within a year.

But that's a lot of work so stuff that!

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 01:37
Quote: "Yet to find one over a year old that still works."

Come over to my house, there're two

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Neofish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 02:23
yep me too, and we only changed the ink about 5 times in total, printers are too cheap, its cheaper to buy a new printer than buy the cartriges!

:: In Progress: Pulse Board Forums ::
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 02:27
With even the cheapest laser printers, a cartridge costs £50 - but prints 6,000 pages before needing replaced. To print 6,000 pages on an Deskjet would be untold misery and expense .

Van-B

Muhahahahaha.
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 04:17
pity colour laser printers are so expensive and not classed as "Photo" quality, you realy need better than 600x500 dpi for photos.

Mentor.

PC1: P4 3ghz, 1gig mem, 2x160gig hd`s, Radeon 9800pro w cooler (3rd gfx card), 6 way speakers.
PC2: AMD 2ghz, 512mb ram, FX5200 ultra, 16 bit SB.
Mini ATX cases suck.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2004 20:39
give me a Die Sublimation Printer any day when i want a good photo realistic job otherwise ship in a laser colour

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 14:35:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 14:35:54