Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Look at all these GCN games!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2004 06:14
I was on www.lik-sang.com today (a HK game importer) and decided to look at the Gamecube section. You need to see the amounts of games on here!http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?nav=over&category=79& Now I know that the companies do not want to bring games out here that will not do well (how often do we get an Ultraman game, hmm?), but with the lack of games the the Gamecube is going through right now, they should take a few chances! Some of these games look quite cool! Anime based games are beginning to prove that they can do well in the States as well. And the games are done! Some of them (RPGs aside) are not that hard to localize, like a fighting game. Oh well, maybe I just need to start importing.

"What is a game if not illusions stacked upon illusions?"
DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
"an Ultraman game"

isn't Ultraman the japanese name for Megaman? if so, i think we have enough of those... one comes out every few weeks it seems.

OK enough of that damn DBP fanboy banner. i'm NOT a DBP fanboy in any way. i haven't used DBP in over a year, and i don't really plan on using it again.
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 01:55
No, Megaman is Rockman.
I would love them to pass over a few of those jap games. I´m sure there´s tons of RPGs I´m missing out on.

A bargain at 900000€ second hand
Libera tu mente y te liberaras.
The dude guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 03:11
I wish I understood Japanese...

Andrew Tamalunas
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Ultraman is a live action japanese show from 1996, as I like japanese shows most of the time I saw this on that retarded Fox BOX, the dubbing sucked, and the story sucked, and I don't think an ultraman game would even have any sales over here. But I luv Lik Sang, all the imports, gotta love it (starts singing McDonald's catch phrase.)

Got anime?I do.
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 04:49
Holy crap! Have a look at the prices though! Some of them do look very good, but I also see some that are going to be released over here in the next few months anyway.

AMD Athlon XP2800+
GeForce FX5200 128MB
1024MB DDR 333MHz RAM
MiR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 20:15
Kentaree: Those prices are normal. We pay 60€ in Europe. That´s 40 pounds if you´re in north Ireland.

A bargain at 900000€ second hand
Libera tu mente y te liberaras.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 23:45
I pay £25-30 for my GameCube Games, that's without pre-ordering.
Only Final Fantasy cost me £40 because it came with that link lead.

Lik Sing are expensive, but some of the titles they show never reach UK Shores (this includes some american titles)

This said 200games isn't the complete library.
Game do a rotation of the current titles (plus best sellers) which gives them a constant library of 100titles, but there has been close to 380titles so far.

Some are remakes, but most of them are brand new titles exclusive.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 14:34:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 14:34:40