Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] Temporary LLRGT Boards

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Since the LLRGT boards are down, I decided to make a place for the llrgt members to talk until they are up. Please join at http://evo-interactive.com/llrgt

If a mod could sticky this for a few days that would be great, thankyou.

dbcoder
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2004 10:41
May as well but as soon as LLRGT comes back up, I'm using the glue-remover.

Btw, I was a little disappointed to see it hadn't been named 'LLLLRGT'... oh well.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
dbcoder2006
Years of Service
User Offline
heh, now it is
The Lynx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2004 13:52
Very successful forum!
Good job!

Oh no! Chrissy had used her powers to turn herself into a hideous man-eating giant!
dbcoder2006
Years of Service
User Offline
heh. It's only existed... 3 hours? I don't think many LLRGT'ers post here, nor visit, very often. I'm not suprised.
Indian Homie G
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 06:29
what's LLRGT?

AMD Athlon XP 3000+, S3 Deltachrome s8, 512 PC3200 RAM, 160 GB HD
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 06:42
Long Live Real Game Tools.

Breakaway faction who didn't want to leave the old DB forums for the official TGC ones

Get 15 new commands, all the date / time commands left out of DBPro for free!
DOWNLOAD PLUGINS HERE: http://www.davidtattersall.me.uk/ and select "DarkBasic"
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 06:44
Actually, they didn't want to leave the interim Real Game Tools forums after the old DB ones died for the new DB ones. Don't ask me why, it's not like we couldn't have all partied in the new forums, but there you go .

[center]
"Humans are useless they can only give you questions"
DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 13:02 Edited at: 13th Sep 2004 13:03
"it's not like we couldn't have all partied in the new forums"

i think there are just some of us who prefer a different-paced forum, one that's smaller and more personal. LLRGTians are a tight-knit group

..and there are fewer n00bs.

and there's the whole "freedom of language choice" thing. but there are some languagists (*cough*lag*cough*) who won't even come to the forums just because there is a blitz board. talk about immature

OK enough of that damn DBP fanboy banner. i'm NOT a DBP fanboy in any way. i haven't used DBP in over a year, and i don't really plan on using it again.
Kain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 13:23
Yes we get to have some rather...interesting discussions on there.

And like Drake said, everybody pretty much knows every body else. And the best reason to go there? Well I'm on there of course!

Lord Ozzum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 13:41
no, the best reason to go there is I'm not on there....YET

Ozzy rules.
\m/
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 17:06
Wheres the post gone from Moo The Cat, that was in the temporary forums ?

Come to the UK Convention on the 23rd & 24th of October
Prime_8
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 21:14
Man I can't wait for it to get back.

I even had days off and it's down ..

this seems so out of place .

Old coder, returning to DB (DBP)
Asheron
Years of Service
User Offline
don't let what drake said throw you off we welcome new users/programmers.

As to opening a temporary llrgt I'm not sure you could support the bandwidth that we recieve if everyone does sign up and use it

I don't expect llrgt to be down much longer.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 00:07
I'll be happy when those RGT members who came here when this originally happened actually damn well leave again.

There was a rift for a good reason, everyone claimed they were happy. I know this forum was certainly as hell a happier place.
Look at it now, looks and acts just like RGT.

You know what really gets to me, is it has pushed out alot of good members over the past 2 years because of it ... and look at it, just isn't friendly anymore.

No, they have thier forum just right now. Caused chaos in another just to satisfy thier own petty vendettas against people.
They had no right to do what they did, and an adjustment period of 2 years is taking the piss.

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 00:36 Edited at: 14th Sep 2004 03:06
Raven,
Don't blame RGT for the flames that you have received in the past. Most of them were your own doing. The truth is that when the new DB forums started, most of the oldbies stayed at RGT. You had a breed of newbies at the new DB forums that didn't know your posting history. That is why it was such a "happy" place for you for some time. When RGT went down, the past came back.

WOLF

EZrotate!
Tokamak Physics Wrapper!
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 00:41
Quote: "..and there are fewer n00bs."

Cause I think most of the members are older than 18

We don't have noobs, just "special" members, like newbie2basic.

"eureka" - Archimedes
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 02:22
Quote: "and there's the whole "freedom of language choice" thing. but there are some languagists (*cough*lag*cough*) who won't even come to the forums just because there is a blitz board. talk about immature "

Lol, remember the forums when RGT was still in business? We flamed anybody from Blitz to charcoal

As for it being slower paced, I remember that one of the reasons why a few people didn't go to Apollo was that it was too slow and new

My how times have changed

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 03:06
Wolf, it's not only myself who feels like this.
Further more to this subject, you can say 'well you bring it on yourself' ... but i didn't did i?

No one here ever had a problem with me, even the oldies who were here. Although sure a majority of the users were newbies, there were quite a few oldies on here.

Sorry, but my past should never have been an issue and what's more no matter what I have and have not done in the past does NOT excuse thier behaviour.
You damn well know that too!

You want to know what the thing that pisses me off the most about all of this. I was barely known outside of the 3D Forum where I stayed almost exclusively, and the two people that changed that Guy and Tony... one has disappeared without a trace and one was shown up to be a fraud.

It pisses me off so damn much the reason so many newbies hated me from the RGT forums was because of how I reviewed and critiqued work, yet the beloved Simple came in and totally ripped apart peoples work with what, 2-3months totally experience and yet somehow was some kinda expert who could never offend?!

Yet because him and Guy were so close, his attitude and everything was just fine... enough for people to follow whatever he said about anything and end up with a grudge against other artists who dared oppose him with anything.

You think I was happy here because hardly anyone knew me or my past, wake the hell up and smell the java crashing explorer.
The reason everyone was so happy here including myself was because this forum was free of people who make problems simply because they can.

There is a difference between discussion and outright flaming, and this is something RGT members have never come to grasps with and as such took the freedom they gained here outside of RGT iron-fists and ripped the forum apart from the inside-out.

It only takes 1 user to start a fire, after twenty people have thrown on thier fodder the flames become so big no one even realises why the fire was originally started; and there are alot of users who don't give a damn, they just want the fire to keep burning and burning as long as it can because they liked being part of that crowd.
If you ever notice when a users flames you from the 'selective' members they NEVER do it alone, and they won't stop until they've douced everything they can see.

Yeah, it is totally the fact of how I conduct myself isn't it?
Because if i didn't give them fodder for thier insatiable needs they would never flame anyone would they?

That's bollocks and you know it... i'm the only damn thing that's keeping them from flaming everyone and everything they can see.
I am a single common target they can keep flaming, without it they lash out everywhere.

Just look when I go away for a week or so, each time they *must* flame something. They can't go without it.

Sure my attitude and conduct isn't exactly great, but at the end of the day, i'm not the one flaming people, am i?

I could sit here and say i'm some astronaut for Russian Space Patrol or something, that would start a flame war with people finding evidence i'm not. At the end of the day, i could be, i might not be... but who the hell is actually in the wrong?
Me for saying I am, or them for making a big deal out of it trying to disprove it?

Even more over, what if some other user came on saying he was a Russian Astronuat; you'd see he'll just be ignored. Well unless i'm not around them that thread ends up being locked quickly.

Look through the forum, you can't dispute facts mate.
Some people are just, well, jerks.

fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 03:57
If you're getting hassled here Raven then you're getting hassled by Apollo members and not LLRGT members. They might be members of both communities but they're not some kind of LLRGT representative when they post here.

Personally I have no problem with anyone from either forum and I'd guess that applies for most people here as well. There are a lot of good programmers in both communities and, more importantly, some bloody good people. I think the slightly different atmospheres at each forum compliment each other nicely.

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 04:04
LOL, Raven. You think you are more important than you actually are.
If you post B/S, lies or announce another few thousand programs that will never see the light of day (and all that happened more than once) you have to live with the concequences and you can't expect other users not to comment it. Don't blame the forum members, blame yourself.

Play Nice! Play Basic! Out now.

nFinity Emulator. Coming soon.
fog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 04:16
Back up now.

Phaelax will be pleased to hear "special" Newbi2basic is already there

http://www.dannywartnaby.co.uk/rgt/index.php

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 04:25
You make your own bed, or get your mother to do it for you - either way if you can't sleep because of it - that's your own fault.

Which is the biggest tool? The computer, or the muppet who invented it?
The Wendigo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 05:00
I have no problems with anyone here. I just get upset when people rip apart other people's work in more of a destructive way, but I really haven't seen that here.

LLRGT sounds great! I'd join, but I'm bad at not posting much on this one as it is. I think I get more of a wider critique or view on this forum, but hanggin out with the oldies sure is tempting!

I also like to try helping out the newbs a bit too

Current Projects: Verious things right now. Lots of utils for game making. Hopefully something solid soon.

http://www.geocities.com/djpeterson83
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 05:15
Raven,
We talked a bit a while back via PM's. Since then, I have left you completely alone with this sort of crap. I will continue to do that because you took the time to discuss things with me and was able to accept some criticism.
Most people have no idea of the whole "Simple" saga. I'm sure some people flame you just to jump on a bandwagon. Your correct that a lot of times it is unnecessary, but...
For the most part, people can get away with farting in a small room filled with lots of people. It is more uncomfortable to say anything than it is to put up with the smell. However, when someone has a serious gas problem and you have to smell it day after day, sooner or later you have to say, "MAN! YOU FRICKIN STINK!"
That is the case on many occasions.

Now, I've said my piece. I've made a bad analogy. LLRGT is back up and working. I'm done with the subject.

EZrotate!
Tokamak Physics Wrapper!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 05:23
LLRGT is back now so I'm unstickying this.

As for the rest of you having a nice play with your flamethrowers - I hope it stops

lagmaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 05:50
meh.

llrgt has double standards iirc

they banned raven when he posted there and explaining that bans were carried over.
next breath, new forums!

lagmaster - http://www.lagmaster.net was alive! http://www.dbforums.co.uk/ - was another db forum!

Dark Snippet Pro V9.2 is still out!! somewhere
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 05:53
1. What have bans got to do with adding new forums?
2. I don't think raven is baned there, at least I have seen his posts there recently.

it's cool to hate
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 06:00 Edited at: 14th Sep 2004 06:07
Quote: "You know what really gets to me, is it has pushed out alot of good members over the past 2 years because of it ... and look at it, just isn't friendly anymore.

No, they have thier forum just right now. Caused chaos in another just to satisfy their own petty vendettas against people.
They had no right to do what they did, and an adjustment period of 2 years is taking the piss.
"

erm, it's a little too late to try and pedal this ridiculous melodramatic paranoia now. Are people meant to believe that you were merely an innocent victim back then ?. It's ironic, but for somebody who sure liked to dish it out in spades, you certainly couldn't take it. No wonder you earned a reputation as a flamer...

Although one has to ask. Why on earth would you re-register back on LLRTG ? If your here to avoid confrontation with LLRTG /RTG oldies, why return and put yourself in harms way? Your actions just don't make sense!

Quote: " I could sit here and say i'm some astronaut for Russian Space Patrol or something, that would start a flame war with people finding evidence i'm not. At the end of the day, i could be, i might not be... but who the hell is actually in the wrong?
Me for saying I am, or them for making a big deal out of it trying to disprove it?
"

Interesting way of putting it, but your missing perspective. So lets consider an open question, if a new user joined TGC forums today, then preceded to misrepresented themselves pretty much every few weeks for the next 4 or 5 years. Should this person expect latitude from other members?, let alone credibility or respect ? Somehow, I don't think so..

Kevin Picone
[url]www.underwaredesign.com[/url]
Play Nice! Play Basic - Next generation Basic coming Oct-2004 (V2.21 Out Now)
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Raven gets a lot of flames on Apollo from names that I have never seen on RGT or LLRGT.

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2004 01:53
I think the matter has died down now, best to leave it that way

the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2004 01:58 Edited at: 15th Sep 2004 01:58
Quote: " Raven gets a lot of flames on Apollo from names that I have never seen on RGT or LLRGT."

They are accounts created by RGT users just to flame him. All part of the big anti-Raven conspiracy, nothing to do with the fact he has been an arse to 75% of the users here so they give it back every once in a while.

it's cool to hate
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2004 02:36
Quote: "They are accounts created by RGT users just to flame him. All part of the big anti-Raven conspiracy, nothing to do with the fact he has been an arse to 75% of the users here so they give it back every once in a while."

Yes, because 5year old logic is by all means how problems get sorted.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-22 16:16:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-22 16:16:13