Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Perilous - for table top role playing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 11:05
Perilous is for people who play role playing games like D&D and GURPS, as an environment for playing online. The goal is to make the dm's job easier and more fun and to make the game more interesting for players.
- adaptable to any game system and rules.
- up to 6 players and a dungeon master
- direct play, no server fees
- different interface for players and dm. The dm has complete control over variables and objects during the game session.
-3D.. uses Worldmaker worlds. You can build levels in Worldmaker using .x objects and/or a matrix. Export a level directly to Perilous with the folder structure and media.
- File editor to edit the various arrays used in the game, including player setup, magic, weapons, object hit points, and scripts.
- when playing, there are 3 windows. The main window includes the 3d scene and buttons. Variables are displayed in the variable watcher window. The dm can scroll the vw window to see all the players variables. The console displays the chat, dice rolls, and other game action.
- dice rollers are universal. You can set them during play - number, die, additions. Dice rolls are broadcast to the other players.

Its ready to test.

So far, it has only been tested with two players. It connects, and seems to be working fine. It doesn't need much bandwidth and should work okay over a modem connection.

If you would like to test Perilous, here's the deal... Email me from here or use the form on the web site. I'll get back to you with a download url and a password.

What's expected from you if you test it - nothing in particular. What you get - a password to connect to "The Inner Sanctum" website. You can use the tag board, complain about bugs, get help, download updates to Perilous, download other programs, textures, and models. There's an online manual. Also, as a tester, you get to complain about things you don't like and request whatever you want.

The plan, if the program actually works is for Perilous to be freeware. Anyone who contributes to the game or to the Awfuldark Forest in some way, gets a lifetime membership in the Inner Sanctum. Anyone who's code or dll was used to make Perilous or Worldmaker is welcome. Just email if you're interested. I'll be asking for a $5 donation from everyone else. You can use the pay pal link on my web site if you're interested in doing that.

Awfuldark Forest
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
lookin good.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 17:19
looking really promising

Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
I've have plenty(6 months) of coding experience.
What do you need help with?
And what's good about "The Inner Sanctum"?

harggood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 08:10
Quote: "What do you need help with?
"

I don't need any help. Thanks.

Quote: "And what's good about "The Inner Sanctum"?
"

Nothing. There's not much there yet. It's just an idea. You go there directly from the program to get things you need, get some help, or download the latest. The idea of asking for a donation is because I'm a starving artist.

The Inner Sanctum of the Chapel Perilous is where a knight goes to look for the Holy Grail.

Thanks Freddix. Thanks also PiratSS - cool name.

Awfuldark Forest
harggood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2004 03:14
So far, no offers to test it. Maybe no one on this forum plays turn based rpgs. Oh well, I'll just put another screenshot up. This is the DM screen.

It about 3MB 7-zipped. You need net framework 1.1.
There's a sample game included - enough to see how it works. I'm dropping the idea of donations. If you would like to have a look, you can get it here:

http://www.awfuldarkforest.com/worldmaker.html

Awfuldark Forest

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:36:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:36:04