Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Kalepian Invasion Small FPS Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 12:46 Edited at: 13th Sep 2004 12:48
Hi all. I finally decided this game was ready for a WIP post.

The game is called Kalepian Invasion, and is a simple FPS game made by the Kalepia Productions team, and programmed in DarkBASIC Classic. (Yes this is one of the few successful teams from the team requests. ) Here's the basic story-line for those of you who want to read it.

Anyway, I know you're all anxious to see a screenie, so here's one for you.

And a download link:
http://www.hytekproductions.com/kalepia.zip

To play the game...Use the mouse to look, w,a,s,d or arrow keys to strafe, 1 and 2 to switch between machine and laser gun. If you run out of enemies to blow up, you can press 4 or 5 for another robot to blow up(just don't go past 100 total robots.)

I know the graphics aren't that special, but what I want comments on mostly is the gameplay. Please let me know your thoughts on the robot AI, etc. I'm just the programmer, and assume no responsibility for the graphics. (No offence other team members )

Now, to give credit to the other members of the team. Here is what each of us has done.

Me: Almost all the programming. (Special thanks to Izzy545 for the first part of it)
Kequor: Started the team. Some programming. First level, buildings, turrets, etc.
Magellan Studios(Peter_H) Modelling
Evilknuckles: Programming help, music for first level
Newbie Brogo: Modelling, website
Iron Condor: Story-line
MikeS: For giving us private team forums at his website.
DarkGUY: For comments and help via MSN messenger
And any others I forgot to mention.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts. This is my first game, and I think the first game for all of our team members, so please judge accordingly. Don't be afraid to give suggestions though.

PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good so far.

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2004 22:56 Edited at: 13th Sep 2004 22:56
Quote: "Magellan Studios(Peter_H) Modelling"

hee..thanks for putting me on the list, i know i haven't had much time to help but if you need a model don't forget to ask me..

BTW i really think you should change the bad guy models

"We make the worst games in the universe."

Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 00:02
When I get home ill be sure to test it out

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/db_games/
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 05:51
Excellent job with this so far Kalepia Productions team. I loved the menus. The AI is also very good in the game. I found that the controls are a little sluggish when turning, yet that didn't stop me from playing.

Keep up the great work!

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 08:28
BIG BUG! When you move, the bakground gets weird, like It's not refresing put cls in your game loop somwere.

It's amazing how much TV has raised us. (Bart Simpson)
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2004 22:20
Thanks for the comments so far. I'll see what I can do about making the turning smoother.

@Peter_H As I said, I take no responsibility for the models. If you would like some different ones, you're more than welcome to make them. I'm mainly focusing on a fun game-play, and I'm not too concerned about perfect models/textures/etc. right now.

@Manticore
Can you explain that a little better? I haven't noticed anything weird with the background other than it would probably look better with a slight fog. Did anyone else notice anything like what Manticore is talking about?

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2004 02:07
heh...once i get my texturing pipeline back up i'll give you a real enemy

"We make the worst games in the universe."

Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2004 07:28
The background doesn't stay as those mountains, when something's on top of the sky the image stays printed on the sky.

It's amazing how much TV has raised us. (Bart Simpson)
Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2004 09:26
I promised that I would test this out and I did.
I thought it is pretty good so far and has potential. I think the only thing I noticed was my mouse would sort of slow down when my aimer was on a robot and I was firing and strafting.

Anyhow keep up the good work.

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/db_games/
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2004 12:21
Ah, here it is, Sorry 'bout the website, I've been tied up with school lately. I'll have to do it after the next day of agonizing school.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:37:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:37:16